What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

JJ Cale, the musician's musician and one of the originators of the "Tusla Sound", has been covered by a wide range of artists from Dr. Hook to Widespread Panic. He was also a strong influence on Eric Clapton, Mark Knofler and Neil Young.

Edited by zumbini
  • That Rocks 2

13 minutes ago, zumbini said:

JJ Cale, the musician's musician and one of the originators of the "Tusla Sound", has been covered by a wide range of artists from Dr. Hook to Widespread Panic. He was also a strong influence on Eric Clapton, Mark Knofler and Neil Young.

One of my favorites...

His list of great songs is lengthy.

Cocaine, After Midnight, Livin' On Tulsa Time, They Call Me The Breeze, I'll Make Love to You Anytime, Magnolia, Crazy Mama just to name a few.

Another prolific and often covered songwriter:

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Admittedly, Tom Waits is an acquired taste. Of his many albums Small Change is my favorite because it takes me back to some of the shady strip clubs and brothels I visited during my time in Nevada.

When asked about the relative success of the album Waits stated "I'd say there's probably more songs off that record that I continued to play on the road, and that endured. Some songs you may write and record but you never sing them again. Others you sing em every night and try and figure out what they mean. "Tom Traubert's Blues" was certainly one of those songs I continued to sing, and in fact, close my show with."

• Thank You 2