What are you listening to?

Nahash5150

Live version of "It's For You" from Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays, As Wichita Falls, So Falls Wichita Falls

Edited by dcl
  • That Rocks 2

I'm going through the paces with my new SVS Ultra Towers and streaming--testing, testing and more testing.  In the Amazon playlists I see "Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums" so I queued it up.

Had it playing in the background while I was busy with other things in my office--the door opened just a bit, I could barely hear.  The volume was at a nice low background level, -35 on my Denon.  Just loud enough to kind of make out the different songs as they played if I listened carefully.

Then all of a sudden, this comes up.  I could barely hear the lyrics but I could feel the bass in my body--and it sounded/ felt cool as shite.  Had to get up to go listen more carefully, having never heard the song before that I can remember.  Can't say I'm much of a Kayne West fan, or a big fan of Hip Hop, Rap, etc.  I like some of it, but just don't listen to it much, generally.  (Too little time).

But man, the bass licks in this song are prodigious, fantastic.  Melodic and pretty--sounds almost like the bass guitar and an exceptionally low-tuned bass drum are working together.

And over the SVS Ultra Towers (system in stereo mode) with their "reflective" bass, combined with the subs made it sound absolutely gorgeous and beautiful--even at the back of the room.

Maybe I should check out Kayne some more...