I am afraid of Vinyl

CT-Seven

Hitting the thrifts this sunday to see if I can improve my collection from 1 to 2 or maybe 3 records LOL

I hope you find a dozen or so favorite that you have not heard in YEARS... then you will have no choice but to grab a table and vinyl up.('|-| ')

Hitting the thrifts this sunday to see if I can improve my collection from 1 to 2 or maybe 3 records LOL

I'm the same way.  I've got a little bit here and there.... but this is where I have a problem.

I've amased a VERY LARGE collection of digital, and I dont want to have to re-buy it on LP's.  That and the added maintenance for me at least mean its not my primary listening.  Its a "nostalgia" kinda thing I will pull out once in a while.

Maybe someday when I am more dedicated to audio I will dive into LP's.  But for now I will sit on my smartphone and queue up a bunch of songs from different CD's and switch between them while sitting in my computer chair drinking diet mountain dew, not getting up.

How American of you Bean happy0009.gif ++++agreed but I do have quite a few lp' s and agree with Travis that it is a calming ritual with sonic benefits at that time that seem to serve our audio nervosa better.

I wouldn't push anyone towards owning vinyl, there are plenty of good sounding formats around which might not match what vinyl can do, but come awfully close and are far more convenient.

Some of the best sounding music I listen to comes from digital based formats that are not even supposed to sound good. 

That aside, I just sold my TT a couple weeks ago and regretted it immediately. I listed it on Audiocircle just to put my toe in the water and see if there was any interest. It sold in a couple days. Someone got a great deal on a $7500 vinyl rig and now I'm left wondering how I'm gonna replace it, and with what.

Damn dirty hobby feeds my OCCD and other mental issues I have. One minute I think I'm free then I get drawn right back in...emsmilep.gif

I wouldn't push anyone towards owning vinyl, there are plenty of good sounding formats around which might not match what vinyl can do, but come awfully close and are far more convenient.

Some of the best sounding music I listen to comes from digital based formats that are not even supposed to sound good. 

That aside, I just sold my TT a couple weeks ago and regretted it immediately. I listed it on Audiocircle just to put my toe in the water and see if there was any interest. It sold in a couple days. Someone got a great deal on a $7500 vinyl rig and now I'm left wondering how I'm gonna replace it, and with what.

Damn dirty hobby feeds my OCCD and other mental issues I have. One minute I think I'm free then I get drawn right back in...emsmilep.gif

eusa_doh.gifhappy0009.gif  happy0009.gif  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Went back to goodwill to pick up the ED CALLE - NIGHTGAMES record and I see two brats flipping through the records and I ask them about the ED CALLE and they tell me.

"Oh should had bought it when you had the chance, oh well good luck finding your

Makes me angry because I know they dont really want it and or like it but they got it just to Fluxor my night

Damn it!!

Went back to goodwill to pick up the ED CALLE - NIGHTGAMES record and I see two brats flipping through the records and I ask them about the ED CALLE and they tell me.

"Oh should had bought it when you had the chance, oh well good luck finding your

Makes me angry because I know they dont really want it and or like it but they got it just to Fluxor my night

Damn it!!

"He who hesitates..." 

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it!!

Could have offerd them a couple of Bucks to put it back-or asked if you could look at it then after studing the credits tossed it back to them and said"this ones no good just look at the studio and board mix) go back outside wait till they leave then see if it's still there 
  • Thank You 1

As Phil Collins said in '86 TONIGHT, Tonight

I installed the belt and the stylus yesturday

Rodneys phono pre also arrived today so I could do an A+B to see whats up

All this is IF if the baby allows it she has been super gassy and fussy, but I will keep you all posted