Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sony XDR-F1HD Road Show

I mailed it off to Maine yesterday. RPA-1 man(Paul) will send it off to DennisMiller, I believe. So sign up now to check out HD radio in your area.

Members interested must have at least a 200 feedback. You are responsible to ship forward to the next in line. Mandatory shipping insurance of $300.00.(They ain't cheap!)

You might want to check HERE to see if, in fact, there are any stations worth listening to, in your area. Has an AM antenna and remote in the box, the FM antenna connection is 75 ohm, coax. Outdoor antenna works best, but a 57" piece of wire works remarkably well, too.

The MANUAL
  • Thank You 2
  • 1 month later...

Since part of the post are gone I will recap my impressions.  Here in Bangor Maine we only have one HD Station which has three HD channels.  Rock, Adult Alternative, and Sports Talk.  These offer a very clean and static free reception.  

What is the most amazing is this tuners ability to pull in regular broadcast programming that other tuners (including my near perfect TX-11a) will not even register a signal.  Other stations are static free on the Sony that are not worth listing to on my TX-11a.  This is using the same feed from my attic antenna on both tuners.

There are two things I have complaints with. 

-  All pre-programmed settings are lost if power is lost or you unplug it.  There should be a battery held memory.  
   -  There is no muting during scan or manual tuning.   

I am happy to hold on to this forever.  It is still hooked up and I am enjoying it.  But it is not mine.  Anyone else?

• Thank You 1
It is getting to where it is almost pointless to post anything !!!

WHY ARE ALL THE !@#$%^ POSTS BEING DELETED ???????? 

I think maybe we upload too many pictures. We need to post links instead. It will make more space.

It is getting to where it is almost pointless to post anything !!!

WHY ARE ALL THE !@#$%^ POSTS BEING DELETED ???????? 

I think maybe we upload too many pictures. We need to post links instead. It will make more space.

Rich just stated HERE in Town Hall that "there is no longer a pressing need to control database bloat OR hosting space".

Where did the rest of this thread go? The RPA-1 Man and DennisMiller reviews are gone? Am I crazy?
Yes you are Kevin. You, fill and Brian have all lost your damn minds. (Insert Laughing Emoticon Here) Do any of you know where the search function is? This seems to be a problem with most new comers, but didn't expect it from you guys. Come on...

Kevin, Dennis, Brian, fill and whoever is complaining about posts that were never deleted...

Head on over to the Resident Square and take a peak at The Cee-Bang Roadshow sub forum and you will find the thread is exactly where you guys found it last time. I would have posted links, pictures and maps for you but seems I cant do any of that for you at this moment.

• Thank You 1

Where did the rest of this thread go? The RPA-1 Man and DennisMiller reviews are gone? Am I crazy?

Head on over to the Resident Square and take a peak at The Cee-Bang Roadshow sub forum and you will find the thread is exactly where you guys found it last time. I would have posted links, pictures and maps for you but seems I cant do any of that for you at this moment.

Resident Square? Is this some secret handshake fraternal organization?

• Thank You 1

Arrived today. Thanks Dennis it was well packed. Hoked it up in place to my "almost perfect TX 11A" and my findings match those of Dennis. I am going to take it to work and try it in a environment that has NO Reception on a Terk ant. that I use there that only receives a few FM signals of a old Nam unit.

Resident Square? Is this some secret handshake fraternal organization?

Yeah, if you're going to have a secret section of the site ...
Please keep it secret.
Every time you guys slip up and mention it - it's like a stab in the eye for us proles.
Thanks