kve777

Getting the best songs out of Pandora

I've been using Pandora for about 2 weeks, at work. In the shop, I cannot get satellite or FM signals at all. I've been getting bored with the same songs no matter if I put in Pink Floyd or Traffic or Neil Young. I finally hit it! Frank Zappa! Yup. You wanna hear all the good stuff hidden away at Pandora, tune to FZ. Lots of Frank and Dweezil, plus King Crimson, early Pink Floyd, Jeff Beck, all kinds of cool songs. Try it!

• Thank You 3

Yeah, lots of the FZ that's played on Pandora is "Strictly Commercial"; but yes, it will play more variety than the mainstream artists. I was having trouble with Fleetwood Mac playing every 3 songs (with regular repeats of the same song), finally I had to start putting in "don't like" tags so it would stop playing them so much.

I don't know what it is with Pandora but it does seem to get stuck on certain artists even when you try to lead it elsewhere. I prefer to just use a 128 gig memory stick, MP3's ripped at a decent rate are better than Pandora anyway if not exactly "high fidelity". I rip everything to MP3 because that's the only format my truck will play and it's fine for driving.

One of my go to' s on Pandora is Assembly of Dust. Good clean recordings for the most part and alot of different instruments and plenty of dynamics. Little Feat etc. cruise through giving you ideas for another station. A lot of songs work well with SH.

Stickers

My Roku enabled Sony TV sends audio from Pandora, YouTube, Amazon, etc. via Toslink to the Carver C1000a. I just put it on "mix" to play random from all of the Pandora stations I have. Sometimes it gets stuck playing certain artists, but if it does I use the skip to next song function and/or quit and re-start the player.