chiroacademy

Would you tell your wife...

I'm a dumb ass.  My wife picked up a new headboard at Pier One Imports yesterday.  I was too tired to take it out of the bed of my truck yesterday when I got home.  I thought I will just get it tomorrow if it's not going to rain. I looked at the radar for today and saw nothing but blue skies no worries.  I will take it out after work.  Wow what a beautiful day, nicest day of the year!  I think I will take my truck through the car wash.  As I'm pulling out of the car wash I realize the Cloth headboard is still in the back.  Did I say I'm a dumb ass?  Do I hope the sun dries it out?  Do I tell my wife if it does?  It is sunny and it is a black truck.  Let's hope it dries out with no problems.

Wow... I think you'll have to tell her! Hopefully it dries out ok, although a lighter color will have some transfer from the cardboard!! Reminds me of a few years ago when I went to a buddy's house and picked up some audio equipment and sat it in the back of the truck and then decided to go through the wash... believe it or not, all was well...

Chris

I'd probably tell her. Honesty is usually the best. You know if you don't sooner or later it's gonna slip out. Besides, it will be a great story you can both enjoy telling in the future.

Hey could have been worse, you could have gone muddin emsmilep.gif

Oh crap thats funny, but Ive done worse!
Remember that commercial where they drive into the garage with the bikes still on the roof?
Yep, I did that, only I drove my kids high-dollar BMX racing bikes into the canopy at work the morning after a late night of racing.
 Damn near ripped the Yakima rack set completely off the Suburban..
Plenty of witnesses too of course 

Wow, maybe if you mention her selling your C1 at the garage sale for $25 being an accident, then maybe she will cut you a little more slack and not hit so hard..Lol.

WHAAAAAT!! Hey Chiroacademy, when's the next garage sale? Charleston isn't that far from me happy0009.gif 

It seems to drying nicely. Except in 3 different colors. Kind of a rainbow look with a nice blue streak. Maybe the blue is the tricolor soap used in the car wash. I have to tell her it looks so bad.

I duuno, man. I'm thinkin' the rinse cycle with the garden hose and hope for the best.. 

It seems to drying nicely. Except in 3 different colors. Kind of a rainbow look with a nice blue streak. Maybe the blue is the tricolor soap used in the car wash. I have to tell her it looks so bad.

Its the 21st century, man. Just take it back to the store, walk in with a big frown on your face and tell the person at the desk :"you sold it to me this way and I'm not impressed"

Then, since the customer is always right, no matter how ridiculous their story is, you will go home with a new item.

Stickers

We are all human an everyone is guilty of being a dumbass at some point/points in our lives. I probably would have had a hard time keeping a straight face myself. But alas I am single so I can take the headboard to the car wash as often as I deem necessary.  happy0009.gif

Might as well take it through a few more wash cycles and hope for all blue happy0009.gif

Maybe try some kind of fabric/carpet cleaner. Most importantly..... remember to first test on a small non-visible are for discolorationhappy0009.gif

Well, if you don't post pictures, then it never happened! face20.gif 

Just tell her that when she first saw it, she *thought* it was white and gold, but it's *really* black and blue... 

• Thank You 1

Almost looks like the color ran and drained to the bottom. Was it lying flat in the bed of the truck when it got wet or up on an angle? Did the blue not appear until you stood it up to dry out? Have you tried any type of upholstery cleaner on the blue part?

Good news it that when you have a frame, mattress and pillows in front of it, it should block most of the blue. Maybe get one of those thicker mattresses to block more if you don't already have a mattress. You will just have to make your bed and pile pillows in front of it every day eusa_wall.gif 

Well you are still able to type, so the wife has not cut off your hands. How did she take it when you told her of the freak rain storm. Nice expensive restaurant dinner out tonight? 

Wayne