#1 song on your birthday

danowood

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Admin

This is kinda neat.  Some one took the time on this, not only will it show the #1 song on your Birthday but also the #1 song on the day you were conceived LOL

Freakin' me out, Dano.

My birthday was just a couple days ago (Earth Day).

Too friggin' weird to find that my "conception" song at this link is Percy Faith Orchestra with  "Theme from a Summer Place." 

What 70's movie does this bring back to mind?  

This is kinda neat.  Some one took the time on this, not only will it show the #1 song on your Birthday but also the #1 song on the day you were conceived LOL

Freakin' me out, Dano.

My birthday was just a couple days ago (Earth Day).

Too friggin' weird to find that my "conception" song at this link is Percy Faith Orchestra with  "Theme from a Summer Place." 

What 70's movie does this bring back to mind?   
Good to see you back A.J. we've missed your presence.   

Release and reception[edit]

The movie became popular after its release, but had a mixed critical reception.[citation needed] The 1960 hit "Theme from A Summer Place" (composed by Max Steiner), was arranged and recorded by Percy Faith and performed by his Orchestra, enriched and improved on a secondary musical theme of the film; it remains a classic of its era, reaching Number One on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for nine consecutive weeks. An early instrumental version of the song was recorded by the group Los Nómadas but only gained "Top 40" recognition in Mexico, despite Zane Ashton's (also known as Bill Aken) distinctly "teen-pop" flavored arrangement. A vocal version, with lyrics by Mack Discant, was a hit for The Lettermen in 1965. Singer Dean Torrence referenced the song's melody in Jan and Dean's "Like a Summer Rain" in 1966. Recently, Kenneth Brager has done an electronic remake of it entitled "Love Won't Leave Me Alone".