RichP714

Falling Bells

This is a recording of a paradox where bells sound as if they are falling through space. As they fall their pitch seems to be getting lower, but in fact the pitch gets higher.

If you loop this sample you will clearly see the pitch jump back down when the sample repeats. This reveals that the start pitch is obviously much lower than the finishing pitch.

Falling bells example 

Your browser does not support this audio format.

Stickers

And speaking of psychoacoustics; what about the current thoughts of  A=432Hz instead of A=440Hz? Here is a cymatics video that dramatizes the difference

• Thank You 1

What I see is the speaker as muted. No matter what I do, it stays muted, and I assume that is why the play button isn't working for me. Do I have settings incorrectly somewhere?

This is a recording of a paradox where bells sound as if they are falling through space. As they fall their pitch seems to be getting lower, but in fact the pitch gets higher.

If you loop this sample you will clearly see the pitch jump back down when the sample repeats. This reveals that the start pitch is obviously much lower than the finishing pitch.

Falling bells example 

This is what I see, Rich. 

Falling bells example 

This is what I see, Rich. 
Works for me, try a different browser.
  • Thank You 1