What it means to be a patriot on the 4th of July

danowood

I was looking for a good video to share for the 4th of July celebrations, but one without the sugar coating, grandiose glitter, but couldn't really find anything that was surreal of what it means for our country in relation to our current status.  This marines perspective is as close as it gets to comparing what we were to the reality of what we have now.  This is not for debate, only for an eye opening perspective to those who are not aware.  God bless our military, and for those mothers and fathers whom have taught our children the right of things and who have the love and fortitude to give their all to protect our freedoms and our constitution.  Semper Fi

• Thank You 2

I have often wondered when being sworn to up hold the constitution and the actions of our government would start to cause conflict in the minds of our fine military. Every service member should be required to know the constitution well for this very reason..Hopefully our politicians and the people who own them are hearing this mans words and taking them seriously! This is how a military coup begins..Who will the military follow? A general that they respect, that they know will uphold the constitution or a corrupt government ran by the corporate elite? Thank God for our military and the constitution. A force for good when the politicians are not..I'm not talking about the current administration or the next one..It doesn't even matter because its just a show to make us feel good and to make you feel responsible for your governments actions because you vote..The government seems paralyzed to do much of anything because they aren't in control of much of anything..Voting seems ineffective no matter which side wins. It will probably take the military to return the government to "WE THE PEOPLE"...I find this mans video comforting.. 

• Thank You 1

Deb and I have been discussing this for the past hour or so.
Suffice it to say Thank You for sharing this.
Good to know there are so many fine Americans sworn to solemnly uphold The Constitution!
Enjoy this day of celebration of our collective liberation from foreign rule!
Happy Independence Day, all!!! eusa_dance.gif
  • Thank You 2

This guy totally lost me with his 'vaccinations cause autism' claim.

You cannot post something that stakes a claim to true patriotism by outlining constitutional and political positions and state 'this is not for debate.'  The constitution is a framework for citizen's rights and political discourse.  Claiming 'this is not for debate' is antithetical to that very constitution.

There is no monopoly of thought on patriotism. 
  • Thank You 1

This guy totally lost me with his 'vaccinations cause autism' claim.

You cannot post something that stakes a claim to true patriotism by outlining constitutional and political positions and state 'this is not for debate.'  The constitution is a framework for citizen's rights and political discourse.  Claiming 'this is not for debate' is antithetical to that very constitution.

There is no monopoly of thought on patriotism. 

My remark in regards to this is not for debate was only referencing that the post was not intended for solicitation for a debate, thats all.    I think his remark to vaccination was the belief that many have, true or false, in that one doesn't have a choice in the matter.  I hold no belief either way personally.  I think the risks outweighs the odds IMO.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.