Recommendations for Highest Quality Recording

SteveMKentucky

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favs in vinyl is Fresh Aire III by Mannheim Streamroller circa 1979. The clairity is outstanding.

I bought that one new in '79 after hearing used as a demo for Advent in a stereo store....back when we used to have stereo stores.

This recommendation is a bit of a plug, but I don't care because this one's a stunner. I plug for the people I represent because they do something special, something remarkable, and have a talent level far far beyond the ordinary. Otherwise why bother, right?

Mike Keneally and Beer for Dolphins Sluggo! Deluxe Edition remaster

Sluggo-Deluxe_1024x1024.jpg?v=1383781028 

You don't have to take my word for it because reviews of this remastered edition stuffed with extras and an incredible sounding mix score supreme praise from all who cared to write about it. Considering this album was out of print for a decade Mike's decision to remaster it the way he saw fit gave him a chance to wipe the slate clean on an album with which he was never quite satisfied based on the sonics. As for the sonics now? Damn!

Reviews:

• Thank You 3

612jVh6t2L._SX350_PI_PJStripe-Prime-Only-500pxTopLeft00_AC_US160__zpsteupr01t.jpg

This album opened up the world of blues to me.  It's DVD Audio, and the high resolution stereo mix (96/24) is where it's at.  Crystal clear, stunning transitions, and impact that actually scares me a little bit (seriously).  My favorite tracks are "Marry You", and "Heart Beats Like A Hammer". 
  • Thank You 2