Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Loner_T's Systems - Under construction (Pardon the dust)

Are those the 9Ts that you were chasing from Vegas the other week?
Yes. It was slow, but worth the effort to acquire these. Does it quench the OCCD fire? Think . Not so sure. Brick wall
(Blame it on Kevin and ItchItch).

You cheated on me and blame me???!!! ?

• Thank You 1
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update! emsmile.gif

I see you've got your priorities in order- the TV had to go to make room for more amps! msp_thumbup.gif

I also notice that you didn't fit the entire rack in the pic. Is that because you couldn't back up, due to the pile of M-500t's in the way?

And I half-expected to see a PT-2400 in there somewhere, used as ballast if nothing else... 
  • Thank You 1

I also notice that you didn't fit the entire rack in the pic. Is that because you couldn't back up, due to the pile of M-500t's in the way?

All those damn boxes! TVs are 13 channels of shit to choose from, anyway. 

And I half-expected to see a PT-2400 in there somewhere, used as ballast if nothing else... 

The complete 2400 is darn heavy. After all this unpacking work, I did not want to haul more ballast to the bottom of the ship. face20.gif

• Thank You 1

Wow where did you score the 9t's from? Is that an audio research tube pre? Very cool LT!
Yes, it is an AR5. 2 Silver 9Ts, AR LS5 MKII with Remote and a Sony CDP-X707ES.

Sweeeeeet. I've always wanted to try out an ARC preamp.

• 4 months later...
OT: Thanks to Kevin, I am now testing this configuration. A pair of L1290s, L710s and L810s in an inverted half-cross configuration for each of R/L.

L1290 with L710 inverted on top, and the L810 sideways (The Infinity RS-5Bs are the speaker stands for the L810s).

The sound is beautiful (Chris Rea's Road to Hell Pt1 and Pt2), like a live concert.  

20161213115042372.jpg 
  • Thank You 8
I really want to hear that! Six Soft dome tweeters, six soft dome mids, twelve 8 or 10" woofers. Lots and lots of power. I imagined this to be "imaging and soundstage to die for". I really wish I had a nice big space like that to listen in.

Good god.. How are you powering "the wall" ?

490t Fixed out      SoundStream C1 (Pre) Main 1 - SS DA-1 -> L1290s
                             SoundStream C1 (Pre) Main 2 - M500t MkII/SS DA-2/B&K ST140 -> L810s
490t Variable out ->  M500t MkII/SS DA-2/B&K ST140 -> L710s

After about 10 o'clock on the volume, I can hear it in my bedroom upstairs. (and I got yelled at for doing it).  

BTW, the ST140 sounds marvellous, standalone, on any of the ADSes.  

• Thank You 1

Good god.. How are you powering "the wall" ?
490t Fixed out SoundStream C1 (Pre) Main 1 - SS DA-1 -> L1290s
SoundStream C1 (Pre) Main 2 - M500t MkII/SS DA-2/B&K ST140 -> L810s
490t Variable out -> M500t MkII/SS DA-2/B&K ST140 -> L710s
After about 10 o'c clock on the volume, I can hear it in my bedroom upstairs. (and I got yelled at for doing it).
BTW, the ST140 sounds marvellous, standalone, on any of the ADSes.

Hehe, that's begging for the 1812 Overture at 12:00! Lol

I can't wait to hear your latest setup!

BarryG

OT: Thanks to Kevin, I am now testing this configuration. A pair of L1290s, L710s and L810s in an inverted half-cross configuration for each of R/L.

L1290 with L710 inverted on top, and the L810 sideways (The Infinity RS-5Bs are the speaker stands for the L810s).

The sound is beautiful (Chris Rea's Road to Hell Pt1 and Pt2), like a live concert.  

20161213115042372.jpg 

As I mentioned in our chat L_t, that pic is now my new screen saver  Big Grin Beer!
  • Thank You 2
LOL!

For those of you that do not know how large LT's house is, being able to hear that basement system in the second floor master bedroom is playing it L-O-U-D-!-!-!  

He normally plays music at a 'reserved' level that I can't take...

I'm pleased by this news.

I think my work here is finally done.

Is this a non-Sonic Holography way of creating interaural crosstalk cancellation?

Is this a non-Sonic Holography way of creating interaural crosstalk cancellation?

We overwhelm the Right with R speaker stacks, so the L side crosstalk cannot survive to arrive at the ears of the listener, and repeat the same process on the L side. No SH required. face20.gif

Seriously, though, it sounds pretty good. It may not be as good as a Line Array, though.