A great night of music

BillWojo

20151230163229272.jpgJust got back from a jam session at a local bar, Dr Lou's in Roebling NJ were my brother and a bunch of other musicians that he grew up and played with in local bands gathered for a night of jamming. Almost every year when he comes into town from Atlanta Ga for the holidays he has a get together with his old friends.
I can remember as a kid when he started playing and his group of friends would practice at our house in the rec room, all the musical instruments, the drum set, just taking over our space. We never minded, it was free and cool entertainment. Tonight almost every one of those guys were there and a few others I remember that he hooked up with in our later teen years. My brother played in a lot of local bands in the area and toured the country playing at different clubs. When he got married this all stopped until about 10 years ago when he dusted off his red hot Gibson guitar and started playing again. 
Tonight was just awesome seeing him and the guys I remember as a kid jamming away and they were having a blast. Thanks to Facebook and other social media the place was packed as a lot of folks came to see him and the guys play. It was the highlight of my holiday, a great memory. For those interested in checking him out, he is on YouTube, look for Jim Wojenski.

Ok, I got a pic in. The fellow with the white hair is my brother, he's playing a borrowed gold Les Paul. Don't know much about the guitar, he borrowed it from one of the other band members. Not as pretty as his old 1957 Les Paul that was his regular axe for years. Sold that one to buy his first house.

• Thank You 6

I just tried to upload a pic from my cell phone and it says file size is to large.

Instead of using the "Attach files to this post?" option, try the Insert Image applet.
It allows you to upload files as large as 14 MB and displays them at higher resolution.
20141030074404420.jpg 

From there you can insert a public link or browse to a file on your hard drive.
20141030074556509.jpg 

Once the file has uploaded click OK, then click INSERT.
20141030074939422.jpg   

Bill,

I checked your brother out on You tube - he's got some pretty good chops and I can understand why you had a blast. Your post brings back a lot of old memories as I romped around New England managing a pretty damn good Rock Band in my earlier years. I spent quite a few nights in bars like this as well as many High Schools and Colleges along with larger venues like the New Haven Colliseum and Boston Garden. As the saying goes, the pay might not be great but you can't beat the fringes.

Thanks for posting this and getting those pictures up.