00cbirdw

2016.....best...year...EVER!!!

So I’ve been pretty scarce around here for the past 4~5 months or so and thought I’d just give everybody a little update.  Work and family has been very busy and EXCITING since about July.

In July my wife and I started our first IVF transfer in hopes of finally having children.  Neither of us fully realized how stressful (and EXPENSIVE) the IVF process can be.  We were EXTREMELY fortunate though in having our first transfer stick and she is now about 26 weeks pregnant eusa_pray.gifemteeth.gif!!!  Luckily she hasn’t had any complications so far and hasn’t really experienced much of the bad pregnancy symptoms other than being really uncomfortable all the time LOL!!!

As if we weren’t busy enough already with the IVF process, my work, her work AND school, I started cramming again around September for my SE exam in October.  I felt pretty damn good about the test after taking it (on Halloween!), but the test is so complicated and it can always go either way.

After my test we started gearing up for Thanksgiving, my wife’s 30th birthday, Christmas, New Years, and a whole slew of other family members’ birthdays emcrook.gif LOL!!!  Well after all of the hard work and stress and financial burdens of IVF, 2016 is going to be the best year EVER!!!  We found out on the 1st that we’ll be having a baby boy due April 12, 2016; I found out that I passed this last SE test and I am FINALLY a licensed structural engineer in the state of Colorado; and my wife will be graduating college with her bachelors degree in small business management with a minor in accounting around the same time our baby is due!!!  I couldn’t be happier and am just so thankful for everything that I have in my life, and I just thought I’d share it with all of you great people here on the site emsmile.gif!

Needless to say I haven’t had much time for any of my audio related projects emcry.gif......still haven’t finished tinkering with the power light LED brightness mod on my pair of A500x’s, still haven’t gotten around to fixing the turn-off thump on 1 of my TFM-45's, and I haven’t even managed to get my Carver Fest speaker kit out of the BOX!!!  But with the way things are going for me so far this year, I should have some time to get it all finished up (HOPEFULLY!) before my son gets here eusa_dance.gif LOL!!!

Hope you all had an AWESOME holiday season, and wishing you all a STELLAR 2016!!!

Cheers embeer.gif
Casey

We had a girls name picked out, so of COURSE it would be a boy so we have to figure out a good boy name happy0009.gif!!!
20160105131133958.jpg 

Congrats on the baby and the SE and your wife's degree! Applause

2016 is a  Party!. Being a parent is a joy, but also means more stress and long hours.

Pray for an uncomplicated delivery by your friendly stork. 
  • Thank You 1

Stickers

Pray for an uncomplicated delivery by your friendly stork. 

I know, we're definitely keeping our fingers crossed!!!  Luckily my wife started working for Rocky Mountain Chocolate back in August at their corporate office here in Durango and their insurance is AWESOME.....if we don't have any complications with the delivery it will only cost $680 yikes.gif!!!  And that includes ALL of her prenatal doctors appointments eusa_dance.gif!!!  I better go buy a lotto ticket while I actually have some good luck happy0009.gif!!!

Sounds like 2015 was a pretty good year for you too, you just didn't know it yet! Lots to look forward to in 2016, Congrats Casey!

• Thank You 1

Here, here lets all raise a toast to the new parents and welcome you to the CARVER DADDYS CLUB, we need a medal for our profiles... LOL

Oh... PS Bryan is allways a good boys name (wink, wink)

• Thank You 1

Congrats Casey. Enjoy the children, they will soon be adults, and you will realize that all your hard work and sacrifice at this point is your life was well worth it.. Happy new year to you and your family.

• Thank You 1

Stickers

Wow! Congrats to you! Your situation hits home for me and I certainly understand the process well. My wife and I had 5 cycles of IVF until we were finally successful. Stressful is such an understatement, not to mention the burden financially, as you surely know. I'm proud to report that we, too, were finally successful and 3 weeks ago had a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Congrats to you and family!!

Chris

• Thank You 1

Wow! Congrats to you! Your situation hits home for me and I certainly understand the process well. My wife and I had 5 cycles of IVF until we were finally successful. Stressful is such an understatement, not to mention the burden financially, as you surely know. I'm proud to report that we, too, were finally successful and 3 weeks ago had a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Congrats to you and family!!
Chris

Congratulations Chris!!!  Our 1 cycle was crazy enough, I can't imagine having to go through it FIVE times......my hats off to you and your wife for being such troopers and sticking with it eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif!!!  That is so glad to hear that you guys were able to have a successful cycle after all of those tries though!  Also glad to hear that your baby girl is healthy and didn't have any complications with the delivery......you must have been the happiest man alive 3 weeks ago emteeth.gif!  And now you're probably the most exhausted man alive after having a new born for 3 weeks happy0009.gif!!!

Congrats again Chris!  And I just want to thank everybody for all of your support and well-wishing......this site truly is an amazing place and is always comforting when I browse around here and see all of the help, support, insight, and general good heartedness of the members eusa_clap.gif!!!!

Cheers embeer.gif