reemergence of vinyl analog

danowood

The re-issue of vinyl at prices that are twice of what digital downloads cost is the music industry trying to profit on both ends while attempting stamp out the vinyl re-sale market. If used vinyl prices climb high enough it won't really make sense to buy them anymore, and setting the price of a re-issue at $25+ is sending it in that direction. Has anyone noticed that CD players are getting hard to find now? Might be a good idea to have a spare CD player or two in the closet...

• Thank You 1

Interesting article. Not only are records and TT making a comeback but the Polaroid camera as well and Kodak is working on a 8mm cine camera. I have an interest in photography, it was an early hobby of mine. Compared to digital it forces you to slow down and actually compose a photo, something that is lost on most of the digital photo crowd. I have a small collection of Bolex 8mm and 16mm cine cameras. Way to expensive to use as both the film and processing is a specialty in today's world. But the magnificent beauty in these old cine cameras will never be duplicated again. Mechanical marvel's built of metal and glass, wrapped in fine leather with polished aluminum chassis and sprinkled with nice chrome plated knobs and control levers. Is it any wonder I get excited looking at vintage stereo gear?
Interesting times we live in.

BillWojo

The re-issue of vinyl at prices that are twice of what digital downloads cost is the music industry trying to profit on both ends while attempting stamp out the vinyl re-sale market. If used vinyl prices climb high enough it won't really make sense to buy them anymore, and setting the price of a re-issue at $25+ is sending it in that direction. Has anyone noticed that CD players are getting hard to find now? Might be a good idea to have a spare CD player or two in the closet...

I have a spare CD burner and 5 disc player for when my main unit (Sony CD recorder) goes belly up.

Just bought a few LP's online, most are remasters from original master tapes, one is a new release from Columbia.  I'll report what I think of them, especially the Columbia release, since they are restarting their Columbia House club this year.

Mark 

Just received my first pressing of Dark Star on Monday. 22.00 180 gram. Have found others-I have really enjoyed chasing some great recordings on LP, I used to chase them on CD. Heck still do. I don't like compressed MP!!!

A lot of the fun is in researching the master and where and by whom it has been mastered. Then the pressing itself.