Nahash5150

Ideas for Shop Life

Thanks for the pics Rod. At first, I didn't feel so bad about my own mess, then after seeing the rest of the shop...uh, that's nice!!!!

I picked up some stackable shelves and a new shop vac today. Found some tool boxes I can use and made some plans to fabricate some storage. Gunna hang more lights too. Which means some electrical work.

See how far it gets me. 

Stickers

OldCarGuy’s Retirement Toy Shop on the Practical Machinist forum are my favorite shop pictures. Would love the machines and the knowledge to use them and I like the cars too. My thing would be restoring antique motorcycles. Next time around maybe.

This is in the middle of the thread. Shop pictures are on the bottom of the page.

Steve

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/member-and-shop-photos/oldcarguy-s-retirement-toy-shop-124958/index6.html

You mean this?

DSCF2806.jpg 
Dude has some toys! eusa_clap.gif

(I'd forfeit a testicle for a gantry crane like that...)

WOW..... Just WOW....
Two things are missing..... The Carver amp and some Klipsch speakers... Big Grin

MCP :-) 

What's on your hoist MCP? It looks familiar but........ Early front wheel drive............?

It's a old 1987 Honda CRX Si.... I got it about 22 years ago...84K miles 98% rust free.. I got it as a complete running car with some slight suspension damage.
One of my "buds" was in the shop one evening and asked me what I was going to do with the CRX... I told him my plans and he said "I'll do it for ya... give me a call when ya get it apart.... Two weeks later it's a shell of a car ready for him...Long story short he never got to it.... That was 10 years ago..... I towed it to my house and it sat there for about 5 years... then about 5 years ago I towed it back to my shop. I found a guy that would do the paint work. It's all prepped for paint... the engine bay is painted.. I just got to get the engine put back in it and get it running then back to my painters shop. I have all the parts to finish it. This year I am committed to do it. That's while I was in the shop today... getting all that cr@pp out of that bay...

I did get a good bit done today Thumb up

It's my wife and I shop.... we have had the shop about 17 years...It's just me and her no other mechanics.... I started with Honda back in 1986....

MCP :-) 

Hey, look what I found today!
A garage that doesn't have a car in it! eusa_think.gif 

Cabinets, Tool chest and rack with vacuum and compressor are all on wheels... 
IMG_2481_zpsruqvjfhx.jpg 

Front row from left: 
Router table, clamping/work table, table saw. All on wheels.
Back row from left:
Stereo Cabinet (hanging on wall), planer (behind press) band saw, drill press, jointer (under rack of lumber). All on wheels. 
IMG_2480_zpszjtpbenj.jpg 
 I can change the configuration from auto shop to wood shop in an hour.

• Thank You 5

Yeah, we tried that too.
We're puppy sitting his brother's two Pit Bull puppies this weekend.
Turns out they weren't much of a deterrent eusa_think.gif

He did wax my van for me too, though.