Gatlinburg Burns

danowood

I hope any members in the Gatlinburg area are safe. It's  tragic for all the people and animals in that area.  A lot of history in the surrounding areas like Cades Cove.  Heres to hoping losses are a minimal.

• Thank You 3

I'm about 1-1/2 hours east (Asheville) bad times in G'burg.  Once again I understand it was arson from fires set in the Great Smokey's

I've had fires all around both in the Lake Lure area, about 10 miles away and then in Pisgah National about 20 miles away. The firemen both local and from all over the country have been here a while trying to contain, and now I understand they've moved to Gatlinburg to help.

Air quality has been poor at best with lots of very smokey days.  We just got a nice day long rain, and more expected today.  Hoping the rain helps Gatlinburg too
  • Thank You 1

I checked with my children in Johnson City, they also say air quality is poor, they can smell the burning and see a lot of haze! They are clear of the danger for now!

My ex-wife who has severe asthma is having a hard time though!

Praying for rain !

BarryG!

• Thank You 1

Fortunately there was a good bit of rain the last 2 days of November and today on the news they said all the fires were out. Unfortunately, they also said the death toll was up to 7 people.

I've lived in this part of the world for over 30 years now & I've never seen such a sudden sever drought. We had normal rainfall through early August then it just stopped raining and the temperatures were very high (7 record highs in a 14 day stretch the end of October). Conditions were just ripe for these fires, hope the catch the arsonists. Hangings too good for them.

• Thank You 1

The death toll is now at 11, with 80+ injured.

Over 700 buildings were destroyed and 17,000+ acres were burned in Sevier County alone.

On a positive note, on Thursday, country music legend Dolly Parton said her charity would donate $1,000 a month to families affected by the fires.

I rode my bike across the Cherohala Skyway on Thanksgiving day. When I got near the TN / NC line it was kind of eerie. There had been a fire nearby and for miles the air smelled like a recently extinguished campfire.

To everyone who sent me a message to check on my welfare, thank you very much !!! I appreciate it !!! 

The TBI has arrested several folks for arson related to all of these recent fires. If convicted, I say they soak them in gasoline and light 'em up !!

Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha Muhahaha 

20161202044908696.jpg
  • Thank You 4

The TBI has arrested several folks for arson related to all of these recent fires. If convicted, I say they soak them in gasoline and light 'em up !!

I would prefer to give them construction gear and have them rebuild every single home (the 700+ buildings) that was destroyed and not pay them a single penny, and then put them in prison. 
  • Thank You 1