what color best represent the Carver Anthracite Grey?

danowood

Well, there's a wide range of variation amongst Carver anthracite gear, but I think both of those are way too dark.
838383 is a fairly close match to some of my M-500t's but you can't use paint to touch up an anodized faceplate.
  • Thank You 2

The anthracite on this aluminum anodizing color chart from the 80's might be what Carver used.

The CI-78 and the C-45 look very familiar. The 1984 M500t that I sent details to you of,  seems to have the C-45 or C-0. The power switches vary between CI-78 and C-32. 

That's the thing. Mostly it is desirable to match these colors. Then there are times that you can get away with contrasting color or a close enough match that the eye doesn't get bothered by it. The real problem that I have  in any case is finding a coating that is durable enough for even normal use.

That's the thing. Mostly it is desirable to match these colors. Then there are times that you can get away with contrasting color or a close enough match that the eye doesn't get bothered by it. The real problem that I have  in any case is finding a coating that is durable enough for even normal use.

Yes only durable finish I can think of would be either a powder coating or an epoxy.   

The color I have tried looks like the CI-75 in Z's chart. This is powder-coated.

3H3wnxq.jpg 

Putting all three in one photo (Closest - Anthracite, Back - Flat Black,  Rear -  CI-75/Bronze. Excuse the dust bunnies).

KR0WFar.jpg 
  • Thank You 1