Member "Re-Introduction"

Hi folks,
I recognize many of the names here.  I belonged some years ago, and I had to take a break owing to health concerns. (They're ongoing, but I'm doing much better these days.)

I've owned a BUNCH of Carver pieces of gear.  
Many I've sold, many I've kept.
I asked to have my name/screen name changed long ago and I suspect that if it wasn't done, my registration was deleted owing (justifiably) to my not getting back and posting more often. 

Here's a partial list of the amps I've owned.
M1.0t-2 (1987-sold)
M400 (1986-sold)
C-2 (1986-sold)
C-1 (1992-sold)
TX-2 (1986-sold)
TX-11a (1988-sold)
and (These I still own and use every day. Except for the C-9.....)

C-9 (non-functional)
TX-1-11 (four and counting-one parts)
A-200 (2006)
A-760x (1998) 
A-753x (2002)
Sunfire Signature 600x2 (2002)
Sunfire Signature 400x5 (2007)
Carver Plat III Amazings (1988)
Loudspeaker Control System ECU-1 (1988)
Z-1 (1988)

I've had the Sunfires in my main system for quite some time and they're (pound for pound) the best high fidelity amplifiers I've heard.  I've heard a few that I think were in the running but not without adding "dumb" numbers of digits left of the decimal.  So I'm slowly being priced out of my favorite hobby.  But I thought I should rejoin and say Hello.  Best wishes to everyone, I look forward to reading the forums!

I'm a retired Professional Musician (Music Teacher day gig) and I've spent a lot of time around good gear.

I'm also a Pioneer SPEC (and Elite) era fan, but I like many different brands of gear.

I lived through a "second" golden age of home high fidelity.

I think a lot of the Music from my time helped the gear and a lot of the gear has helped the Music.

I'd like to see that "reboot" if it's possible.....lol.....

What goes around comes around....eventually....so hope springs eternal!

Thx to everyone for the "Welcome back". I'll try to post more regularly.....

OCCD?
If that stands for what I think I remember it standing for, I'm not just a member, I think I might've been a President at one point.  Or at least qualified for running for office.....lol.....

I've also got just a bit (enough to be healthy) of plain old regular (Non Carver acquisition related)  OCD.

So in any event, I'm probably guilty as charged.....and I'm in no hurry to try to kick the habit....emsmiled.gif 

Howdy RTM and welcome back. Thanks for the intro. Lots of great gear on your have/had list.

Please post some photos of your gear so we don't have to beg you for them. emwink.gif

Welcome back!

I've owned a lot of the same Carver gear as you and just recently purchased my first Sunfire amp. I have to agree...you have to add some digits to the price of a Sunfire, or Carver amp for that matter, to find something that is even comparable.

Welcome back RTM, its always nice to see former members return and to hear about their audio journeys.
 I seem to remember a member who was into collecting Pioneer Spec. gear, if you don't mind, would you tell us what your previous member name was ?
Looking forward to hearing more and of course pictures.
Also remind us of what types of music you enjoy listening to.
And your favorite bands/artists. 

Blues Pwr 

Welcome back RTM!

Nice list of gear. I'm also a Pioneer Elite and Carver fan. I love my Carver gear but can't seem to part with the Pioneer Reference (pre Elite) stuff. I hold both brands in high regard. Looking forward to pucs of your gear.

Thanks for chiming in again RTM!  Very cool collection over the years.  I can certainly relate to your A760x and Sunfire beasts.  

If you have time, post some pics of your Pioneer gear as well as the Carver stuff.  You know how we love drooling over member systems.

Again, welcome back aboard the Carver Express!  Beer!

Related image

• 1 year later...

RickTM, I think.

But it's been awhile.  Thanks for the warm welcome.  There's been "life stuff" going on and I had to "beat that back" some.  

The warm welcome is much appreciated.  I've got a "lamp thing" with my newest SSS and it's got me rattled.  I don't usually make "dumb mistakes", but this one has every sign of being one.

I don't know what exactly went south as I was reassembling the amp...anyhoo...please take a look at my thread about it...Best to everyone!

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

Yes, I'm afraid I have OCCD and OCD, lol...

Yes, there were (and are) health issues.  (I was diagnosed as a Diabetic in 1985, but I likely had it for up to a decade before that.)  Also, Insurance/Prescription coverage issues...it's like a time machine going back to 1984, except with 2018 hyperinflation.   But I had been similarly undiagnosed with Polycythemia (since at least around the mid-90's I'd guess) and it was driving Hypoxia,  and they both interact to make each other worse.

Thanks again, fellas.  Onward and Upward...  : - )

Edited by RTM

Welcome back RTM!

Sorry about the health issues. Prayers, kind thoughts, chi, mojo, and good juju coming your way.