Jump to content

Stereo_dog's Main System


stereo_dog
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'd make sure the hum isn't magnetostriction from the magnetic field coil before doing an MKII.
That hum will be noticeable without speakers attached and won't go away after the upgrade.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

I'd make sure the hum isn't magnetostriction from the magnetic field coil before doing an MKII.
That hum will be noticeable without speakers attached and won't go away after the upgrade.

 
No, the hum is only audible through the speakers, and at this point, it is faint, but audible. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, you have some nice equipment there. Great cabinet work too!

 

If you are getting a hum, just for grins disconnect the power plug on your projector and see if it goes away or is reduced. That's where I found mine coming from.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 years later...

Updated my entertainment center this past weekend. Wanted to post a few pics, but all came out upside-down... must be the I-phone. I'll try and post later.

Edited by stereo_dog
  • That Rocks 1
  • Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Balok said:

Upside down pictures or it didn't happen.

Yeah, was having a bad picture day, yesterday.

11 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

The Stereo Dog has returned...

 

You can use this to rotate them: https://www5.lunapic.com/editor/

 

Works great with my Android, not sure with iPhone.

Let's see how this goes. I saved all the pics out as different file names, looked right side up on my computer... not sure what happened. That worked. Thanks for the link.

imageedit_4_5536083105.jpg

imageedit_9_8582757837.jpg

imageedit_10_8003625350.jpg

imageedit_11_7532973001.jpg

  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 5
  • Love this! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice Joe.   It looks like you have a lot of toe-in on those speakers, or is that just picture perspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Balok said:

Very nice Joe.   It looks like you have a lot of toe-in on those speakers, or is that just picture perspective.

It looks like a lot of toe-in, doesn't it? I don't think it's that extreme in real-life. I'll do some checking tonight when I'm blasting some tunes. I'm fairly surprised that I got away with displaying the Silver 9t's so prominently... we'll see how long that lasts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BobTFM35 said:

Loving the looks of your system!!

 

I have wheels on my three bay unit and Its a struggle to move it. I have to hand it to you moving it in and out. 

Thanks. I had to consolidate a bit, this was the old cabinet. imageedit_12_8837367283.thumb.jpg.54e247e85adab5509fd5c62430375c19.jpg

  • That Rocks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried to go back and see what your system looked like before but the pics are gone so I am going to imagine the change. LOL

 

It looks very nice and clean. ~^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But, OMG, the listening chair. There's the problem gents. 

 

  Ok, really, this idea of having a screen for viewing. Maybe it's not a screen, but it did give me an idea for WAF of what she would think is a viewing screen, but behind it is a large acoustic panel. 

 

  Back to your system. It would likely not be possible to get better than this regardless of money spent. Assuming that everything is positioned and toed in as best as possible, more will not be better. You already have it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Rob said:

I tried to go back and see what your system looked like before but the pics are gone so I am going to imagine the change. LOL

 

It looks very nice and clean. ~^

It was all in the big oak cabinet, I'll dig up some photos and post. The ones on this site were from Photobucket, which my account is long gone. 

 

22 minutes ago, 4krow said:

But, OMG, the listening chair. There's the problem gents. 

 

  Ok, really, this idea of having a screen for viewing. Maybe it's not a screen, but it did give me an idea for WAF of what she would think is a viewing screen, but behind it is a large acoustic panel. 

 

  Back to your system. It would likely not be possible to get better than this regardless of money spent. Assuming that everything is positioned and toed in as best as possible, more will not be better. You already have it. 

You don't like my listening chair? In that pic, it's out of place (Christmas positioning and before the re-work). I'm very happy with my system, just changed out the cartridge on the TT to an Denon DL-A110 low output MC. The Sunfire Tube Pre does a great job with the MC cartridge.  That is a screen above the amps, projector on the other side of the room. I screwed up when we built the house, I should have install a motorized screen up in the ceiling. I guess you can't think of everything. At least I pre-wired for all the speakers, projector, etc. 

  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At first I was jealous of the space behind the cabinet......so much room to get in there and plug stuff in.  Then I noticed the tracks on the carpet clearly showing that the cabinet had been pushed back closer to the wall by a bulldozer.  

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Balok said:

At first I was jealous of the space behind the cabinet......so much room to get in there and plug stuff in.  Then I noticed the tracks on the carpet clearly showing that the cabinet had been pushed back closer to the wall by a bulldozer.  

Actually, it has nice wheels and is very easy to maneuver, but it does look like that in the photo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"My listening chair looks like your listening chair".   Well, at least the leather one does. No dude, you got it right. Just a little humor.

 

 

P1150010.JPG

  • Love this! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...