Favorite Quotes

RichP714

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"

• 1 month later...
Guest sutekh

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

- Napoleon Bonaparte

This is something of which I must remind myself daily...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
"“When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.” --Cree Prophecy

"I could carve a better man from a banana"

- Teddy Roosevelt (about Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. because he was a libtard..happy0009.gif..and because Holmes voted against his president in the biggest railroad trust-busting case of the time, United States v. Northern Securities).

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

-- John Kenneth Galbraith

"I could carve a better man from a banana"

- Teddy Roosevelt (about Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. because he was a libtard..happy0009.gif..and because Holmes voted against his president in the biggest railroad trust-busting case of the time' date=' United States v. Northern Securities).
[/quote']

It is interesting to note that Roosevelt appointed Holmes to the Supreme Court thinking that he would have an ally in the Justice Department. Holmes' refusal to conform to Roosevelt's desires demonstrated that he was his own man and not Roosevelt's instrument.

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening. Oliver Wendell Holmes

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
"The one thing our Founding Fathers could not foresee -- they were farmers, professional men, businessmen giving of their time and effort to an idea that became a country -- was a nation governed by professional politicians who had an interest in getting re-elected. They probably envisioned a fellow serving a couple of hitches and then eagerly looking forward to getting back to the farm."

--Ronald Reagan 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

--Abraham Lincoln 

These aren't original, but I don't know where I heard them:

Physics is your friend.
Corollary:  big hammers break things.

My son heard them a lot when he was younger, esp. the corollary.

I wouldn't say they're my favorites, but they do make me laugh. eusa_doh.gif

"If you were a laser, you'd be set on stunning." - cupid.com radio commercial

"Are you a parking ticket? Because you've got fine written all over you." - cupid.com radio commercial