and it's complement:

"Reaction is fear. A decision not to react takes Courage."

- unknown

• That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Community Admin

“What you need to remember, with these guys, is that they don't know they're con men. They're wildly overconfident. Omnipotence, omniscience--that's part of the mythology that surrounds the Special Forces....Your guy can walk in the door and promise training in something he personally doesn't know how to do, and not even realize he's bullshitting about his own capabilities. It's a special kind of gullibility....” 
― William Gibson

• Thank You 2

• Community Admin

Self-esteem is reliance on one's power to think. It cannot be replaced by one's power to deceive. The self-confidence of a scientist and the self-confidence of a con man are not interchangeable states, and do not come from the same psychological universe. The success of a man who deals with reality augments his self-confidence. The success of a con man augments his panic.
Ayn Rand

• That Rocks 3

We look out from the shadows, Beyond future years, For the soul would have no rainbow, Had the eyes no tears...

-Native American Proverb

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

• Community Admin

"Like a stage magician, the con artist misdirects suspicion. While everyone’s watching for him to pull a rabbit out of a hat, he’s actually sawing a girl in half. You think he’s doing one trick when he’s actually doing another. You think that I’m dying, but I’m laughing at you."
Holly Black

• Thank You 2

• Community Admin

"The most important thing for any con artist is never to think like a mark. Marks think they can get something for nothing. Marks think they can get what they don’t deserve and could never deserve. Marks are stupid and pathetic and sad. Marks think they’re going to go home one night and have the girl they’ve loved since they were a kid suddenly love them back. Marks forget that whenever something’s too good to be true, that’s because it’s a con."
Holly Black

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom

1. I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.

2. I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sound they make as they go flying by.

3. Am I getting smart with you? How would you know?

4. Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

5. Accept that somedays you're the pigeon, and somedays you're the statue.

6. Needing somebody is like needing a parachute. If they aren't there the first time you need them, chances are you won't be needing them again.

7. I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

8. My reality check bounced.

9. On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.

10. I don't suffer from stress - I'm a carrier...

11. Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.

12. Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 2

“In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

~Douglass Adams

Edited by RichP714
  • Thank You 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 months later...

1. Superstition is lack of self confidence

2. Don't force it - finesse it

3. You don't win a race at the track - you win it in the garage

4. Good advice comes from listening to the guy that has woke up more mornings than you

~MRHP

• That Rocks 2