Sign in to follow this  
morjet

Karma ribbon repair

We have been lucky to have enough business to keep us busy that we are giving back with a free ribbon repair to somebody (we normally charge $325 for this service or $250 to site members). We will repair one set of ribbons (2- 60", 2-48", or 4-30") with a the notorious buzz. The kapton should be free of holes or rips in order to be tightened in our jig. We will also check for loose magnets and securely fasten any loose ones. We will draw one name this coming Sunday. Turn around is roughly 10 days. Shipping is not included. So hopefully we can make somebody's speakers sound great again.

Ed

• Thank You 8

I have a pair that seem to be low mileage and the kapton seems to be fine, although some tension seems to have been lost. One ribbon will buzz when the humidity level is higher. Seems ok in winter but not in summer. I'm in..

Stickers

This kind of Karma makes picking up another pair very tempting..., almost..., just kind of "not so crazy..."

"I'm sure my wife would love a second pair of Carver Amazing Loud Speakers in the house..." (said no CarverSite! member, ever... )

Not in.

This is definitely a great Karma, though. 
  • Thank You 1

Stickers

Nice karma for those lucky enough to own a set ot Cavers but unlucky enough to need such repaired.

Not in since I have yet to own any Carver at all

That said  I can say the ribbons I heard years ago from Carver were killer IMO (and literally cost more than my car at that time lol) so keeping a pair working is a bonus for anyone lucky enough to have them

Someone is going to be very lucky, having a set of ribbons fixed.

As I do not own any i'm not in. Good luck to all who enter.

Brian

• Thank You 1

Wow - what an offering! I bought a couple of extra 48” ribbons about 4-5 years ago because I was worried about replacements should mine ever fail. I have never even opened the box they were shipped in. They may be in perfect condition but then again, anything is possible. Count me in. This is a fantastic Karma.

EDIT

Just saw Compwaco’s post. Oh well ......... Hey, I’m just as happy knowing that Sea has mastered his repair techniques and we now have a source to turn to when and if the need arises. 

Edited by Rockster2U

Stickers