Can you remember the days?

danowood

Can you remember the days when the majority was a one income family?  When we were a productive society and not an idol society?  No shortages and lots of variety and competition.  Heres a look back behind us for those that remember the nostalgic era's.

• Thank You 10

Thanks for posting that Dan. I remember my grandmother never had to work - granted, for many years there was only one car, and they lived in a modest house. I remember my grandfather saying he saved up to buy a car, because it was foolish to go into debt for one - nowadays, kids go into debt for stupid looking rims and tires, let alone the car!!

A big part of what's wrong with society is the "instant gratification" and over-indulgent lifestyles.

• Thank You 3

You buy all that old stuff cheap at Goodwill, Salvation Army, and ebay.
 I have several 1940s model 302 telephones, a restored 1936 console radio with shortwave (they all had shortwave back then), a 1923 player piano with rolls, a 1963 Magnavox tube console stereo, etc.

You buy all that old stuff cheap at Goodwill, Salvation Army, and ebay.
 I have several 1940s model 302 telephones, a restored 1936 console radio with shortwave (they all had shortwave back then), a 1923 player piano with rolls, a 1963 Magnavox tube console stereo, etc.

Speaking of my dad has some shortwave and transmitter/receiver used for morris code  if anyone would be interested.