Carlton8000

Mild Carver Car Audio Install:2010 VW CC

To satisfy my need for music everywhere, I am installing a new system in my car. After being impressed with what the JBL MS8 does with the factory Dynaudio Speakers, I can no longer resist taking it to the next level. Here is the component list. Most of the item I have, some I still need.
1. HU: Ipad mini mated to Sinosmart Smartmate for VW CC and Passat.
2. Processing: Dual JBL MS-8 One will be dedicated to front Stereo stage. The 2nd will divide network up for 7.1 pro-logic.
3. Amplifiers (six) Carver M-240
4. Speakers are from the factory Dynaudio System with the addition of a pair of rear shelf Dynaudio speakers and a pair
JBL MSBASSPRO-SQ subwoofers
In search of three additional Carver M-240 amplifiers.
  • Thank You 1

Very interested in this!  I've got a 2006 Passat with factory Dynaudio.  Unfortunately something is wrong with the system because I've lost rear speakers and front passenger side is getting weak.  Please keep us posted on your progress I'm thinking it might be the amp in my car going out or possibly crossovers if they are external to the amp.

• Thank You 1

Very interested in this!  I've got a 2006 Passat with factory Dynaudio.  Unfortunately something is wrong with the system because I've lost rear speakers and front passenger side is getting weak.  Please keep us posted on your progress I'm thinking it might be the amp in my car going out or possibly crossovers if they are external to the amp.

More than likely it is the amplifier. Not sure of the active/passive arrangement for that model. In the 2010 CC the front 6 channels are active while the passenger channels are passively crossed over. Should be easy to test all of your speakers with the harness unplugged from the Dynaudio/Lear amplifier and a pin out for each speaker. Connect a small portable amplifier to each speaker and play tones at low level to check each speaker.  The amplifier and tuning in the Dynaudio system is definitely the weak link. With good quality amplification and processing the system will take on all but the best tuned aftermarket systems. 

• Thank You 1

And here I thought I was the only active member interested in mobile audio. I'm in the process of also building a small SQ system in my car. A bit of a challenge in a 370Z.

BTW, just curious, where in the "Dirty South" do you live? hopefully not sound FL, with Irma knocking on your back door. It's going to be up near me in a day or so. Not looking forward to it at all.

• Thank You 1

And here I thought I was the only active member interested in mobile audio. I'm in the process of also building a small SQ system in my car. A bit of a challenge in a 370Z.

BTW, just curious, where in the "Dirty South" do you live? hopefully not sound FL, with Irma knocking on your back door. It's going to be up near me in a day or so. Not looking forward to it at all.
 Yes it will be quite a challenge in the 370. If I put a nice system in a Miata, then the Nissan should be a piece of cake. DSP goes along way with all of the tools at ones disposal.
I am in Mississippi next door to Memphis. I frequent Tampa quite often as my daughter and granddaughter reside there. Custom car audio keeps the mind active and the soul free. 
  • Thank You 1

Nice installation!I have family in Jackson MS and southeast Arkansas (Hamburg). I don't get down that way often enough! I do make it to East Tennessee (almost half way to Arkansas) often though!

BarryG

• Thank You 1

Say Carlton8k, what are you using for sound-deadening. I see under those JBL boxes the silver material.

Nothing fancy, the spare well in the car is plastic. In this case I used a simple combination of floor underlay sandwiched between peel-n-stick.

You sure do some quality work Carlton8k!

I've done many auto installs and I appreciate the engineering that goes into it.

Keep the pics coming?

Will do!

Rear deck speaker placement evaluation for a pair of Dynaudio MW150 and VW Dynaudio tweeters. The Woofer will be mounted via an attachment ring(brass toilet flange) for easy removal or replacement.20170920152643873.jpg

• Thank You 1