Migration complete - please resume normal use ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nahash5150

ANNOUNCEMENT: Politics Do's and Don'ts

Debate is not forbidden on this site, however, personal attacks, insults and other insinuations used with the intent to humiliate or impugn a member will not be tolerated.

If something angers you or offends you, report it to the Mods or the Admins. It is their job to remove such material from the site if it violates our guidelines.

However, I implore all of you to resist the urge to discuss Headline News since it is often designed to rile people and sensationalize events. We must all accept that many, many different kinds of world views and opinions are held by your fellow members, and as such, personal viewpoints are bound to surface from time to time. Please, just let it go. If a member is posting material on a regular basis that you believe is inappropriate, please Report it to a Moderator.

The only intention of this management is to maintain a site that is open, free and safe for everyone to communicate in. So if you take objection to a topic or a post, you are free to challenge it in a polite, and genuine manner. But as soon as things get nasty - the Mods will step in and stop it. It's that simple.

Have fun everyone, and please enjoy a safe and jolly Holiday Season.

Regards,

Hashy

• Thank You 16

Stickers

yah, the news is not the news anymore, but a drama fest. Sorting it out is something that I do elsewhere. Having said that, I do have interest in the opinions and views of others in an enlightening or even curious way. How discussions evolve however, make all the difference. 

• Thank You 5

yah, the news is not the news anymore, but a drama fest. Sorting it out is something that I do elsewhere. Having said that, I do have interest in the opinions and views of others in an enlightening or even curious way. How discussions evolve however, make all the difference. 

Right. There is a difference between debating and arguing, and it is NOT our intention to stifle discussions or debates - this is essentially what forums are used for. Our intent is the manage debates, topics and discussions so that this forum tool is kept fair and safe.

We will simply not allow this site to become a totally insane bulletin board for grievances and temper tantrums like Facebook or Twitter.

Will never happen. 
  • Thank You 4

Stickers

Just out of curiosity, this thread wasn't started because of a new Song I posted by Neal McCoy was it?  If so don't understand why.  Lot of good music came out in the 60's and 70's over Viet Nam Concerns.  Music is Music, and I love it all.

Just out of curiosity, this thread wasn't started because of a new Song I posted by Neal McCoy was it?  If so don't understand why.  Lot of good music came out in the 60's and 70's over Viet Nam Concerns.  Music is Music, and I love it all.

No - I posted this in response to the epic battle over some recent headlines. 
  • Thank You 1

Stickers

My politics do's and don'ts are as follows...

I DO not care about politics.

I DON'T get involved in discussions/arguments about politics.

And recently becoming single, my focus is being happy and positive. Neither of which comes from the subject above.

And I think that's great, Chops, for many years I was the same.

But I saw specific and critical services and polices that I had taken for granted removed, shut down. I saw things that I thought I'd just ignore affect my life in huge ways. I didn't like it, and the more I watched how decisions were made, the angrier I got.

But you have a great point - there has to be a balance. And some people, like myself, don't handle it well. I'm not sure what the solution is.