Dingman

WTT: Flir One Gen 2 Android for Carver Amp (anthracite)

Hiyas guys ~
Back in March, I purchased a FLIR One (Gen 2) for my Android phone. I didn't use it too much at first, and promptly lost it within 6 weeks of buying it.
20171224060702256.jpg
There are some images from that camera in one of my C-1 BillD mod threads at http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=300386#post300386

I rarely lose anything, I knew I had misplaced it. I looked and looked and couldn't find it. Finally, just last week I bought a new FLIR One Pro 3rd gen and I have it here now.
Karma strikes and yesterday I FOUND the first FLIR, it had fallen behind a cabinet in the bathroom, where I put clothes and apparently when undressing, I had taken it out of a pocket and placed on top the cabinet...

So here's the deal - I do want to keep the new one, I hate sending things back and it has the correct connector for my new phone.

The Gen2 has a USB-C connector and still works fine. The thing I like about the FLIR's are that they actually have two cameras and they combine a normal visual image with the infrared image. I tried another thermal camera called SEEK and it doesn't do that and I didn't like it.
When the images are combined, you can more easily see what you're looking at as you can see in the images. I found the Gen2 yesterday and took some pics with it this morning with my old phone and of course, it works just fine.
Here's the pics - one with a chair above the heat vent and window (it's 17° outside - notice how the shade makes a big difference in keeping cold from coming in via the window) and the second one with bathtub filled with warm\hot water. Those are two outside walls and the image clearly shows the lack of a good joint, cold spot, I already knew about that.
(As a side note, notice the dark spot on the floor in front of the tub - crap, that's indicative of a leak! I need to goto the basement and see what's going on!)  Sorry, I tend to be long winded.
20171224054225641.jpg20171224054254346.jpg

Well, anyone still reading must be interested. I need a small amp, anthracite and ideally with handles. I don't need huge power - but something to match the C-1 and DTL-200 I have. I did purchase a busted m0.5t amp that I thought I'd repair but that's a fail so far, and not sure I'll ever make it work.
So, if you're interested, post up what you have. 

So, I think this is an option. I'll pay for shipping of course, as long as it's reasonable.
The FLIR was in the case the whole time behind the cabinet and the case is unmarred as well.
20171224060207327.jpg

20171224060239509.jpg

20171224060302696.jpg

20171224060421809.jpg

20171224060446393.jpg 

• Thank You 3

That’s the way I find things I have lost. If you buy another one, you find the old one.......grin

Stickers

Kev, that's not a problem. I have several old Android phones in a drawer. They work just fine and you can do everything on them except call\text (well, actually you can text now with apps via wifi).

Well, I guess one has a busted screen but it still works perfectly - then I have a Samsung S4 with a nice tough, Otterbox case and I have a Samsung S5 that's in perfect shape, looks brand new (it wasn't used for but about a month).

UPDATE - I tested the S5, I fired it up, installed FLIR app from Google Play (like I said, with Wifi, you can still access the store and install anything you want) - plugged in the FLIR camera and bam! - worked exactly as you would expect.

Heh, so there's a solution. :) 

I'm kinda surprised to see this still here.
Unfortunately all I have to offer is an m-200t that's a bit beat up.
I did a refurb a while back chronicled here: 

Ya, well that's the way it goes. It's hard to make trades work. I'll give it another couple of weeks and then I'll try to sell the FLIR elsewhere. Silly me for losing it behind that cabinet.

I also repaired and then recapped a m200t for a friend and it seems like a nice amp. I'm going to hold out and see if I can't get something a little higher up the chain and I am looking for pretty good cosmetics.

Thanks for thinking about it tho! :)