YardCrap

Before I Die

My Carver Gear:

I am over 70 and decided to make a list for those who will sell my crap off after I am dead.Dancing  They will have no idea that it is priceless. Bob Carver crap is not crap.

------------------------

3- CarverFest amps assembled professionally by Mike.  These use standard 12AX7B tubes, not the 6 of others. I suspect the only other Carverfest amps of this quality are rare. These are nice sounding amps and also play strong.  I use 2 as mono blocks, the 3rd is being wasted in my closet, sold the 4th to Snoop65.

Mine are pulling Defteck speakers that retailed for $4K with no problem.   https://www.musicdirect.com/power-amp/bob-carver-vta20s-black-magic-tube-amplifier

2- M-400t - These are the cubes tuned by Bob for more of a tube sound.  They are 200X2 and sound about as good as any amp I have heard.  Mine have not been hooked up anywhere for some time.  These are all anyone could want as to power and sound.

1- Sunfire 300X2 - maybe the best buy ever for a top end stereo.  This one powers large McIntosh Speakers at my TV and the sound is very good.

1- Sunfire 200X5 - excellent amp.  Mine powers the second system in my RedNeck Bar with ease.-

1- Carver AV 505 - In the closet, but the sound of this is as good as anything I ever heard.  I think it is 5X85.

1- Carver AV-705x - The amp I use most.  That is because it powers my CatBird system which I play tunes from on most days.  Right now it is 31 degress, and I am on the porch with it - nice!  This is a lot like the one above - 125X5. 

2- Sunfire 600X2 - I use these as monoblocks to deliver 2400watts to "each" of the large McIntosh speakers in my RedNeck Bar.  These speakeres require lots of power to open up, and these Sunfire can deliver.  The sound is best described as "everywhere".

1- Carver CT-6 PreAmp- Nice amp with a decent phono amp and Bob's Holography.  This should make anyone doing stereo very happy.

1- CT-17 PreAmp- Originally got this because it had a remote.  It is still in use at my TV.  I can see no reason why I would ever replace it. 

2- Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center - Is this the best thing Bob ever designed?  I don't know, but it is beyond my needs.  Sadly one sits in  the closet.

2- SunFire CRS-3 Trio Speakers - Mounted on my porch alongside some Gallo AV.  These are beautiful and sound great.  I got them because TNRabbit told me to.  He was right.  Still, the Gallo for about the same price are better in every way.  Together out here paired with a large subwoofer, they form a force I can discover no way to improve on given my small space.

1- Carver Sub - Mine is 12" and strange.  Several years back upgraded the woofer with a JBL, not much improvement.

I may have left things out as my septuagenarian brain is what it is.

My legs are still OK -  http://billpeay.com

• Thank You 2

I certainly understand what you're saying.

I haven't reached your age yet but I've also thought about making a similar list. We have simply too much gear to just let it be sold off by people who don't know what it's worth.

Obviously, we need to put the mods and assumed value in the list. Good luck to all of us.

Good job on being proactive. 

I have thought of a Carver 'museum' (or a warehouse depending on one's perspective) where gear could be housed/sold for others to purchase/enjoy. Managing such an entity is quite an endeavor, and a full time one. 

Stickers

img%5D

Perhaps your hometown has a Before I Die Wall, a public space to inscribe in chalk your dreams, hopes, imagined trajectories, what you desire to see in your lifetime. Reminiscent of this is the YardCrap project, and for that I thank him. 

Years ago a neighbor stopped by to ask me to collect a package due on his doorstep, “Glass,” he said. He was from in-the-middle-of-nowhere Kansas, a farm boy who went on to become a member of the International Monetary Fund, traveling worldwide, lecturing on economics. From Kansas to We’re-Not-in Kansas-Anymore. At home, kicked back in old bluejeans & a white T-shirt, ones first thought would be, “Reminds me of Garrison Keillor. “ Low key, a good conversationist, self-deprecating humor, just likable. He passed away too young. I never knew he harbored a Macintosh tube amp in his bedroom, along with KEF speakers & a vintage turntable. What became of the “glass”, speakers, turntable, I do not know. 

Time for me concoct a dispersal blueprint: whom to (or my wife or son) reach out to, to a select group of trustees, to appraise & send along audio gear to those who will (might) become the next “lineage holders.” Before I Die I want To_______  [pass it all along.]

• Thank You 2

Not intending to hijack your thread but LT better out live me because his phone number is at the bottom of my inventory list. The kids know who to call ✅

• Thank You 2

I'm leaving everything audio-related to Zack. I have a document attached to my will that contains the history of each item, what has been done by whom and when, and will update it annually. It also instructs him to come to the Carver Site if he has any questions, and give y'all first dibbs if he wishes to dispose of anything.

• Thank You 6

I'm leaving everything audio-related to Zack. I have a document attached to my will that contains the history of each item, what has been done by whom and when, and will update it annually. It also instructs him to come to the Carver Site if he has any questions, and give y'all first dibbs if he wishes to dispose of anything.
Thanks, Zumbini, for the guideline to follow. 

I have no kids.

Maybe I have a few friends, but none who are into stereo.

I live a hermit's life (YEA). Most back in my part of the woods are intelligent snowbirds who left the north for when they could. Life is good here.

I have tried to be impressed over their gear and tried to invite myself back for music and beer. That has not worked. I am sincere. Good beer, good tunes, and even marginal gear make me quiver. No takers as all they do is TV. I like TV, but also other things.

Only you guys could "hear" my gear.

The last to visit was TnRabbit, and while my RedNeck Bar system was deemed excellent, my porch system was shallow in the mids -> now corrected.

My life is good, and I worked hard for years to get here.

• Thank You 5