Migration complete - please resume normal use ×
Sign in to follow this  
trav0810

SOLD: Carver Fest Speakers with stands

I have a pair of the Carver Fest speakers with stands for sale. Speakers are functionally perfect and are in great physical condition as well. one thing, when building these speakers, I planned on leaving them on the stands, so instead of using the little mini XLR plug that was included with the kit,; I just wire does the speakers from the speaker coming down through the stand to The Binding posts on the stands. I didn't see any need making an additional connection when I could just wire them directly. are then filled that small hole with silicone before attaching them to the stands.  due to the fact that they are attached to the stands, I don't really want to drive shipping. If someone that is attending Carver Fest would be interested in these, I would like to get them into the hands of someone that will put them to use.

$550

No. One reason I didn't end up using them, is because the very first one I tried to solder, the plastic inside the plug melted. since I didn't plan on taking them off the stands once they were mounted, I didn't bother getting another one, I just wired them directly.

Edited by trav0810

Yeah, Trav - the directions I wrote were useless for those plugs, as the writing was done before I ever saw the plugs.  The key solution was to use the smaller alternate plug, the one that was included but not already in place.  Even that one was a damn tight fit, but once done they worked very well.  They proved how well when they managed to conduct enough wattage to melt the drivers in the famous suicide test at Cabin 7...

RR

1 hour ago, RobertR said:

Yeah, Trav - the directions I wrote were useless for those plugs, as the writing was done before I ever saw the plugs.  The key solution was to use the smaller alternate plug, the one that was included but not already in place.  Even that one was a damn tight fit, but once done they worked very well.  They proved how well when they managed to conduct enough wattage to melt the drivers in the famous suicide test at Cabin 7...

RR

I'll leave that to someone with more skill. But I certainly been nothing done to them to prevent a plug from being installed