Hi from Northern VA

Hi,

I figured it was about time i actually signed up / into the carver Site instead of lurking as a Guest.

I picked up a M500 late last year that I plan to use as for driving the front speakers in the surround setup I have in the living room.

Currently, the M500 is the only carver gear I have.

- In the early '90s, I had an MXR-6200 (that if I recall correctly was 100wpc) driving a pair Energy ESM-2 speakers.

As the M500 does not have a power switch, do people usually just leave them powered on all the time? or plug them in as/when needed? or use a switched power strip?

My other thought on this would be to use a 12v triggered relay so that device/receiver acting as as pre-amp is switched on, the M500 is also switched on.

- Tony

• Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome Tony, 

You've come to the right place for all things Carver.   I don't own any M500's myself (dang, I wish) so I can't answer your question about the power switch.  I  have (3) TFM amps driving my system, all of which are turned on and off from a switched power strip.  Even though the three amps are powered from the same power strip, the amps' internal relays are never in sync-- so it doesn't cause a drop out when I turn on the power strip.  Anyway.... no problems with that setup.   

Welcome to the site,  Tony   =D=    That's the way to start out, one piece at a time. Be aware,   OCCD sneaks up on everyone....There's no escaping it.   Loads of information,very talented and knowledgeable members here to assist or help guide in the right direction. ~^   Enjoy Your Stay!!  |-|

01-welcome.gif.1cefff605e024e3ed38ca72fb9ad26c4.gif

• Thank You 2

Welcome to being officially here!  You definitely know how to start your Carver Collection.  Don't worry about the threats of OCCD  ... it's too late for you, anyway, so just embrace it and enjoy the ride!  ?

Hello Tony and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help. 

When you get the chance, upload some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

So kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.18813889030651be580bf4d737c55805.gif

Welcome to "The Carver Site" Tony

Greg Garska nahash5150 just completed repairs and performing the world Famus "MK II Mods" to an m500 and m500t that I inherited from my late brother Bob.

Greg just posted photos of them

Unfortunately I sold them to another Site Member (Mixed emotions), although I  am pleased and happy that they are going to a good home where they will be loved ?

Later,  randog311 

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Welcome. We love seeing guest lurkers convert to real members.  

You'll get much more out of the site.

Hey, we like pictures - send/post a few of your new 500 and setup.

I have a couple of 500s, and like how it complements the C-2 preamp, w/o handles.

Welcome to the site.

• Thank You 1

Welcome Tony, like LT, I am in the area on the other side of the tracks!  I’m in Md!  I also unplug my gear in t storms or on vacation!  I turn off my gear when not using!  On occasion I have left it on without problems, but it is good to turn off!

barry

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Currently, the M500 (unless being used) is unplugged.

@dcl I'll watch for any local gatherings.

@loner_tI'm pretty close by just off Rt28 and Church.

I was trying to add some images to a member systems post as per inserting-photos-video-links, however i could not get any image to upload ?.

- Tony