I'm new here and I have a problem with another user

Hello all, I'm Nick.  I have a pair of Carver Amazing speakers that were starting to develop a buzz problem in the ribbons. 

Another user here named MorJet, aka Ed "Eddie" T., offers a repair service for ribbons he has posted some threads here and he also offers his repair service through eBay.  On May 4 I purchased his repair service and shipped my ribbons from here in North Carolina to some place in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I have been communicating with MorJet for many weeks throughout the summer but our communications stopped after he quit replying to my messages on Oct 4th.  I sent him a message that asked if my ribbons were ready and his reply was they were good to go & he would ship them and give me a tracking number that following Monday. It's been several weeks and there has been no indication he's going to send my ribbons to me.  Since then he has completely ignored my other messages, he has also ignored the Paypal dispute I was forced to start.  So far it's been 20 days since we last spoke and it's becoming apparent that there is a problem. 

At this point, I just want my property back.  I'm about 800 miles away from Morjet but I do have his address and I might make a stint to Michigan to get my things back.  I'm that intent on it.

Does anyone have MorJet's/Eddie's contact info?  I know some people here have done business with him as I discovered he was active about a year ago when I researched his post history.

I have begged him to give me a call so we can get this fixed and end this nonsense.  I checked the obituaries, he ain't dead.

Edited by NickDavis

Hey Nick,

sorry you are having a problem with Morjet - unfortunately he’s far from a regular contributor here, and hasn’t been on the forum for almost 3 months. 

As a community, we are lucky to have very few of these incidents, but I know that doesn’t help you. I would continue with your PayPal dispute, and be persistent with your calls. The value of the ribbons may make a small-claims suit worth your time...

best of luck,

Mark

• Thank You 2

As a FYI there is another member from here in your backyard (also in NC IIRC) Sea, who has also repaired ribbons in the past.

He uses a diff material but it’s been heard, touched and signed off in by Bob Carver.

Might be another option for you once they comeback 

• Thank You 3

I'm less than an hr from GR  Ill go pick up your ribbons if you wish and trust you to reimburse the UPS to me

Mark

PS I;m going to HR tomorrow (Friday) so hit me up quick if you would like.

GR not HR sorry

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

2 hours ago, drmarka said:

I'm less than an hr from GR  Ill go pick up your ribbons if you wish and trust you to reimburse the UPS to me

Mark

PS I;m going to HR tomorrow (Friday) so hit me up quick if you would like.

GR not HR sorry

Hi Mark, thanks for the offer it's very nice of you but on short notice I don't think it's the best thing to do .  I'm hoping to hear back from Morjet or from anyone who may know him personally.  I'd like to get his phone number, that's for sure.. I guess I should've done that while we were still exchanging messages. 

I understand he's an older man and there may be health problems or whatever preventing him from communicating.  

7 minutes ago, Nahash5150 said:

I show Morjet tried logging in 4 hours ago, though, apparently he forgot his password and was locked out.

Interesting information, thanks.  I guess I'll try messaging him again.  He has not responded to Paypal's efforts to contact him in regards to the dispute I've filed.  His ad on eBay is still present though if you search for Carver Ribbon Repair. 

I'm still trying to work out a solution here, if anyone has contact with Morjet/Ed Trevino please reach out to him and tell him to contact me.

Another user has reached out and said he has his phone number and has been in contact with Morjet, but that user refuses to share the number  with me -- I believe MorJet owes me a phone call to be given a chance to explain what's happened. 

Morjet's ad for Carver Ribbon Repair has been taken down, presumably by himself.

Edited by NickDavis

• 4 months later...

I live in GR.  

I can pick up and ship to you if you need help. Let me know any known markings or  I can snap pictures of them for you if needed.  

Do you have his address ? I’d rather not Get in the middle of a dispute but will gladly pick up and ship.

PM me if necessary. 

Mods has my personal info since 2013 or before.   Gosh time flys. 

Woops.  I just noticed how old this thread was. 

Edited by Zoom
Brain fart.

• The topic was locked