What are your favorite pod-casts?

Daddyjt

My last job for about a year and a half gave me a lot of drive time. I found myself abandoning music in the truck for audiobooks first, then I “discovered” podcasts. What a new an interesting world!  In fact, I find myself ALMOST missing the drive time now, because I’m behind on my favorites:

The Joe Rogen Experience - I can’t stand Rogen as the UFC commentator, but I thoughly enjoy his podcast. He has a WIDE array of guests, from Neil Degrass Tyson, Jordan Peterson, Bret Weinstein, Rosanne, Ron White, and on and on.  Definately my favorite pod cast. 

Ben Shapiro - excellent analysis and delivery of what you need to know daily.

what are your favorites?

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 2

My list is rather narrow & thin:

Waking Up.  Explores via experiments in conversation some of the important questions about the human mind, society, and current events.

The Waking Up Course.  It is an app; think of it as a guided podcast of your mind.

All In The Mind - ABC RN    All In The Mind is A [Australia] Radio National's weekly foray into the mental universe, the mind, brain and behaviour — everything from addiction to artificial intelligence.    

Hidden Brain.    A conversation about life's unseen patterns.  From NPR.

Sum Of All Parts - ABC RN    Sum of All Parts tells extraordinary stories about the unseen influence that numbers have on the way we think, feel and behave.  

The Philosopher's Zone - ABC RN    The Philosopher's Zone looks at the world of philosophy and at the world through philosophy. The program addresses the big philosophical questions and arguments. It also explores what philosophical analysis can contribute to our understanding of some of the fundamental & perplexing issues of our times.

Brain Science with Ginger Campbell, MD: Neuroscience for Everyone –The Show for Everyone with a Brain  

Philosophy Bites    Top philosophers interviewed on bite-sized topics        

Philosophy 247    Interviews with leading philosophers.

Philosophy: The Classics    An introduction to some of the key works in Philosophy     

In Our Time: Philosophy    From Altruism to Wittgenstein, philosophers, theories and key themes.    

Philosophy Now    Podcasts from philosophynow.org, home of the most widely read philosophy magazine in the world, Philosophy Now.       * With musical intermissions, WTH!

The Beautiful Brain    Interviews, reviews and news exploring the art and science of the human mind.       

Nocturne    A storytelling show that explores the night, the landscape of the unseen, and how thoughts, feelings and behaviors transform in the dark.  For when you wake at 2 a.m. 

✌️

Edited by dcl
Text
  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 3

DAN CARLIN'S HARDCORE HISTORY -  is awesome!

HOW I BUILT THIS - Entrepreneur podcast.

SMART DRUG SMARTS - Neuroscience and psycho-pharmacology.

THE TIM FERRIS SHOW - lots of good stuff here! 

THE WAY I HEARD IT - Mike Rowe. Short little historical mysteries.

TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW - Gameshow style comedic science podcast.

Edited by DrummerJuice
Grammar
  • Thank You 4

• 5 months later...

Cadence: Music On The Mind

"Explores what music can tell us about the mind. Stories abound of how music has changed our lives: inspiring us, helping us grieve, encouraging us to consume products, bringing us together, and even inciting us to violence. Cadence explores these stories in depth, always with an eye towards how science can help us understand these phenomena and what directions are left for further study. "

Edited by dcl
  • Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

I agree on the Joe Rogen experience.  When headphones were allowed at work...I listened to a lot of his podcasts.  Anything dealing with ufo's or government cover ups peaks my interest.

• Thank You 1

I recently tried the Ron Burgundy Podcast with high expectations... I guess they expect you to be "high" when listening to it because I find it un-listenable! Not funny at all! That's the problem with expectation. :)

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2019 at 10:21 PM, Carverpro said:

I agree on the Joe Rogen experience.  When headphones were allowed at work...I listened to a lot of his podcasts.  Anything dealing with ufo's or government cover ups peaks my interest.

His last one with Alex Jones was a hoot - Rogen has his work cut out for him, keeping Alex on track. 

The latest one with Shapiro was outstanding.  

• Thank You 1

• 1 year later...

The Cold War - What We Saw.  I know that most here are probably well-versed in history, however this podcast series is outstanding.  I have linked the episode on the Berlin Airlift, which I found fascinating.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-cold-war-what-we-saw/id1471188269?i=1000465583750

FDE43DC7-DF3A-450D-A842-F8886891304A.thumb.jpeg.cb91e08e9f362823ae3c830b0ae6d66a.jpeg

• Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The Rewatchables is a pretty fun podcast if you like movies.  The re-define the term “deep dive”, as they explore virtually every facet of some of the best movies that we “...just love to rewatch”.  My only minor nit pick is the over-use of sports metaphors (especially NBA) when they try to explain certain things.  All in all a pretty good listen. A few that were particularly good were Heat, Die Hard, Shawshank Redemption, The Karate Kid, and The Wolf Of Wall Street...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rewatchables/id1268527882

D2725F20-100F-46F5-B954-A9F3DFA4B898.jpeg.20e3033110d05c6ac42f97c36c726b7b.jpeg

Edited by Daddyjt