Long time Carver fan, first time forum member

The HR-895 a/v receiver I purchased from a newspaper classified (pre-internet days) while in college kicked off my fandom of Carver gear. I used that receiver for everything through the years. It got nearly daily use for over ten years before resting in a closet for another dozen years or so. Although it’s been retired for HT duty, I now use it as a preamp. I still love it! I updated and went to my first separated HT system prior to getting married and that system remained unchanged since. I got my second Carver at the update time, an AV705x. It’s still going strong. 

Earlier this His year I embarked on building a semi-vintage 2ch rig employing the HT895 as pre switching also with an Audio Research SP9 hybrid tube preamp. I’ve added two M-500t’s and most recently one with the mkII mod. Until I get the biamp modules and an electronic crossover, I won’t be able to run both 500t’s. I have two Sunfire True Subwoofers MkII series that need attention and  recently picked a Sunfire Cinema Grand 5ch amp, but it’s not working at all.

There are a couple more components I wish to add to this and then I begin saving to get sub plates and CG refurbed. I am excited about this commmunity and know there’s much to learn and this is the perfect place to accomplish that. Thank you for including me. Once I’ve been cleared I’ll post a pic or two.  

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 1

Welcome to the site!  As previously stated, OCCD seems strong in you!  Hang out , kick off your shoes, grab your favorite beverage and turn it up!  There is a lot of great info on the various threads!  If you need tech info or help several members are a great resource!  Enjoy your stay!

barryg

• Thank You 1

I appreciate the warm welcome from each of you. This forum will be fun. I hope to get to know more of you and expand my exposure to Carver fandom. My name denotes my allegiance to The Ohio State Buckeyes, but "oldtexasdog," I live in Austin, Texas. Are you in TX?

Turbo, nice GTO! I'm a musclecar fan as well and still have my "71 Cutlass from HS. 

If any of you are also in the Carver facebook group, you've already seen a short video clip of my 2ch rig playing Muse's "Maddness."

Dennis47,the speakers in my 2ch system are ADS 910's. I bought them about a month ago. The M500t Mk2 I've not had a week yet. I also haven't had the house to myself yet to stretch its legs. A critical listening sesion comparing the two is still forthcoming. Wattage wise, there isn't much difference as the 910's are 4 Ohm speakers. The stock M500t hits 450w/ch vs. 420w/ch for the Mk2. But I can attest the stock amp hit a peak of 108Db's before running out of gas and my fear of pushing the speakers too hard. They are 40yo speakers afterall.

Newbie question, it seems there is a file size limit when posting pics to the site. Is that a function of the capacity or my novice status?

2 hours ago, BluesMan57 said:

Great looking system , thanks for sharing. 

Might want to get a little air space between those amps.......

Thank you. Assembling this system has been a lot of fun this past year. It’s my 2ch semi-vintage bedroom set-up. Only one amp in use at a time for now. My speakers require a biamp module and an external electronic crossover before I’m able to use both amps in this system. I have a line on the module, but still looking for a crossover.