18 hours ago, Notanaudiofile said:

Thanks man. This is going to get overwhelming in a bit,  I can feel it now. I need to talk to someone about these 2.0ts soonly. I'm getting ready to read the service manual. Do these have offset adjustments?

The PM2.0t is a very complex unit. You need some good tools for it as well. I'm unaware of an 'offset' adjustment. Do you mean output DC offset?

4 minutes ago, Nahash5150 said:

The PM2.0t is a very complex unit. You need some good tools for it as well. I'm unaware of an 'offset' adjustment. Do you mean output DC offset?

I'm beginning to realize that fact, as I don't find near as much info out there on the 2.0t as the 1.0t, and 1.5t amps. I like my 1.5t. Yes, I'm referring to DC offset.

45 minutes ago, Notanaudiofile said:

I'm beginning to realize that fact, as I don't find near as much info out there on the 2.0t as the 1.0t, and 1.5t amps. I like my 1.5t. Yes, I'm referring to DC offset.

Not that I'm aware of. The feedback should eliminate most offset such that the DC component is no more than a few millivolts.

• Thank You 1

34 minutes ago, johnrotten said:

I'm not sure if you have access to the service manual in the data base HERE. I gave it a quick read and realized just how different the PS is from other carver amps. Interesting read.

Yessir, I have the service manual from Hi-Fi Engines, and I agree, very interesting read for sure. My hats off to service techs that have to keep all the technical procedures on these different amps in check. The schematics are nice and clear in this manual, I can even read it!! 

This PS, or rather the service procedures described in the manual, intimidates the uninitiated>(ME)<. All I am going to do is check bias readings. Clean and oil the fans. I do not want me, or the 2.0t to die!! ?

Edited by Notanaudiofile
  • That Rocks 1