New Jazz Albums

RodH

So; what will I be doing this weekend? 

Look for my growing list of Albums.......

Look for that Cassette Deck that was calling my name......

Car restoration work.......

Which one do I start first? 

Its not new but its really good. Thom Rotella Band. 1987 digital recording. Recorded live, direct to a 2 track digital recorder as described. DMP label. Says 'recorded with discrete class A electronics.'  Producer Tom Jung.  Smooth, extremely detailed. 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Ar9Jim
  • Thank You 5

• 3 weeks later...

Got to play two new albums tonight.

One was Dexter Gordon - Go! LP (Blue Note Classic Vinyl Edition)

And the other was by an artist that @jazzman53posted above, Karen Souza – Essentials. Can't wait to play Karen Souza – Essentials II. They are both brand new 180-gram Gold pressings.

• Thank You 1

"Siwan, the transcultural, trans-idiomatic musical collective led by Norwegian keyboardist/composer Jon Balke, continues along its special path, with new music inspired by the creative spirit of Al-Andalus. The ensemble weaves lines of communication between musicians from multiple traditions and locations. Among the texts set by Balke on Siwan’s third album  and persuasively sung by Algerian vocalist Mona Boutchebak are verses by Ummayad princess Wallada bint al-Mustakfi (1010-1091) and contemporaries including Ibn Zaydun (1003-1071)  and Ibn Sara As-Santarini (1043-1123). Hafla was recorded in May and June 2021 at Village Recording Studios, in Copenhagen."

image.php.jpeg

"By electrifying his double reed instrument and incorporating elements of bebop, fusion, Indian, ambient and rock-fueled grunge, the Bay Area bassoonist pushes the envelope on what his notoriously unwieldy instrument can do..." Link (released in 2008)

Edited by dcl
  • Thank You 5

We were fortunate to see Pat Martino at Blues Alley (it is down an alley) in the Georgetown district of District of Columbia.  A remarkable musician, two times over. If one were to witness Rodin, Michelangelo, da Vinci , Michelangelo or Botticelli, etc., spinning out images before ones eyes, that would be close to his artistry. Coming to appreciate  (belatedly) dawns all of a sudden & then more so, gradually, later.

Edited by dcl
Always tinkering
  • That Rocks 1
  • Love this! 1