Will Dew

The Going Rate...AKA: In the ballpark?

I apologize if this is in the wrong area, I did a quick look around and didn't see anything.

What is the current ballpark pricing for some of the different Carver units? Original untouched vs refurbished/upgraded?

C1

M500T

M400

C4000

TFM 15cb

Etc...

I'm just trying to get a rough idea since I'm a new CarverPhile trying to get my bearings on gear.

Thanks you,

WD

I would be hesitant to state pricing since it fluctuates. If you see a unit you are interested in, call dibbs on it here and ask the group about that unit. We all love to encourage a good Carver forager. We will also refrain from bidding the unit up against you. Have fun!

• Thank You 3

12 minutes ago, PMAT said:

I would be hesitant to state pricing since it fluctuates. If you see a unit you are interested in, call dibbs on it here and ask the group about that unit. We all love to encourage a good Carver forager. We will also refrain from bidding the unit up against you. Have fun!

The main reason is for a C4000 and an M500T, all original and I would say good condition cosmetically. I mentioned it elsewhere in the forum but I have a guy who is interested in a trade for a non-Carver unit I have. I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea of what they might be worth. Otherwise also for other items because, well, I have a bug now for a certain brand of equipment...

WD

Great,  I'm getting this while trying to use the Ebay completed items.

WD

Nope.png

Edited by Will Dew

M-500t 

Range of sold units in the past three months:

Unmodified  $250 - $525

Recapped and/or mkII  $650 - $800

It's always best to find one locally - shipping these amps gets expensive.

The eBay/PayPal fees need to be accounted for - units sold locally should be ~14% less.

• Thank You 2

17 minutes ago, PMAT said:

Dibbs!! :)

Okay, these are the exact units driving the main part of my question. The rest is just for future reference... the link Raven posted is very helpful in that respect.

WD

C-400 and M500T.jpg

• Thank You 2

I bought an M500(no t) in 2017 from a forum member for $300. It is pristine and is part of TheNewOfficeRig(tm). I don't know if that's good or bad(I assume good) but it is a nice example.

ray

its on the bottom of the stack

IMG_4576.JPG

• Thank You 1

Well you've kinda set the lowball bar for C1's at $100, haven't you!   :D

Definitely look local - MUCH better pricing.  It almost seems like people on EPrey have figured out just how good this stuff is, suddenly, with some of the price trends I've seen.  Bad for us OCCD collectors, but great for us getting new recruits to the love of Carver.

• Thank You 3

54 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Well you've kinda set the lowball bar for C1's at $100, haven't you!   :D

Definitely look local - MUCH better pricing.  It almost seems like people on EPrey have figured out just how good this stuff is, suddenly, with some of the price trends I've seen.  Bad for us OCCD collectors, but great for us getting new recruits to the love of Carver.

Sorry about that, but I couldn't help it. :)

This guy is local. Just trying to get a ballpark avg for the pair.

WD

• Haha 1

Seems that currently the C-1 and M500t are in high demand.

Unless you stumble on a good buy-it-now deal on the Bay, an excellent condition unmodified m500t is not going  to auction for much less than $400 plus shipping.

A few days ago a C-1 auctioned for $350 plus ship ......

Stickers

@Will Dew, Here's my OCCD acquisition philosophy, the market price is what you are willing to pay for it at that moment. 

Bargaining is easier when the item is  local, and you show up at the door with crisp $100 bills, I've found.  

More than once, I turned to walk away, and the seller took my offer.  I paid $80 for the 4000t pre I have in my rig.  It made it a no-brainer to put the cash into upgrades, refresh, and mods keeping total cost of the unit low.

For more rare items, like, say, a TFM-75, one must also be prepared to go all the way to the warning track to snag the potential home run.  (I'm still sitting in the infield on that one...)

Market price?  Well, as economists say..., "It depends."

I've over-paid, at times.  And even ended up with junk, once or twice..., never look back - make the best of it (parts, or ?).  It's all part of the OCCD journey.

Lots of those stories get shared here. ? 

Edited by AndrewJohn
  • Thank You 7
  • That Rocks 2

Stickers

On 1/23/2019 at 12:32 PM, itchitch said:

eBay search - 'completed items' 

Make that "sold items" unless you want to see a lot of high asking prices that didn't sell ;^)

• Thank You 1

Well, I did the deed. Ended up not trading and got them both for 500.  Really nice condition and all original. I'll run them this way for a little bit before considering mods. I think this confirms the Carver fever I must have. :)

WD

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 5.17.35 PM.png

Dup.png

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 8

That is pretty sweet. I think the "barn find" these days is the single fan PM-1.5 w/broken fan. They go for next to nothing and can be modded to quieter(?) fan for $25. My TFM-45 sounds better but the going rate on those remains high.

Edited by johnrotten
  • That Rocks 1

11 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

So help me, the next time my OCCD kicks up a fuss, I am SO hiring you as my agent!!!!   ?

OCCD Enabler, will travel! :)

WD

• Haha 4