Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shipping company for large speakers ???

5 minutes ago, Dav-Em said:

Can anyone recommend a reputable shipping company to ship large speakers cross-country?

This would be a pick-up and would need to be packaged for the journey.

Check on Uship.. Check the reviews and you can find a good carrier.. Sent speakers from Scottsdale to Chicago with no damage.. 110 lbs each.. $400 iirc.

• Thank You 2

Thanks Jim. I'll look into that.

Just to clarify > I want to buy another pair of AR9s located in Idaho. Seller only offers Local Pick-up but is willing to accommodate a shipping company picking them up. They need to be shipped to the northeast.

Edited by Dav-Em
  • Thank You 1

I've used Uship, they contracted with R&L trucking.  

However, getting them packed, and strapped to a pallet is a requirement.

...and, I would not trust the "packing" part to the shipper/carrier.  

I was fortunate enough that the seller was willing to do the packing and strapping to a pallet.  That cost more $$ - but if you want them to arrive safely..., a necessary step.

I've always balanced the cost of "driving the distance" and being my own carrier.  I've driven 400 miles (both ways) once, to pick something up - took the whole day, but I felt it the best option.

On the extreme side..., I still contemplate driving as far as AZ (from Chicago) for one thing on my bucket list..., but haven't found a way to get away with a 4 day trip, yet!  ?

Oh, I also have a truck, so my mileage costs are at about 15MPG at the going rate for fuel, which changes over time.

just some thought to ponder.

cheers,

andrew

• Thank You 2