Possum eating spiders in Peru

I used to raise tarantulas 40 years ago but when I got married my wife was terrified of them so I had to turn them in to the local pet shop.  Fascinating creatures especially when they molt.....

• Thank You 1

A young lady I dated back in high school, her mom was a biologist at UMBC.  She did research on tarantulas!  She kept spiders in their kitchen.  My friend asked me to take photos of her nude with Taranulas crawling on her!  No wonder that relationship never lasted!

lol!

• Haha 3

• Community Admin

I'd seen this, but when I read the subject, I thought it was a video of a possum eating a spider. :D 

There was another other link of a spider eating a lizard.

• Thank You 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/1/2019 at 12:51 AM, Charlie said:

I used to raise tarantulas 40 years ago but when I got married my wife was terrified of them so I had to turn them in to the local pet shop.  Fascinating creatures especially when they molt.....

Lucky enough to have kept a Goliath Bird Eater and a King Baboon in the 80s. After several months I got the massive female import Therophosa leblondi back then, puppy dog tame and she maybe kicked urticating hairs two or three times in the four years I had her. The King Baboon... not so much. She would have rather split her carapace than be held.

I came really close to spending $850 a P. Metallica sling back in the day but remembered a nice picture of a pokie is almost the same as keeping one.

I could see my self keeping Brachypelma emilia and auratum someday when I have more time.

What were you into back then?