New old guy

I really should say hello to everyone since  I   Am a newb to this forum.  

I joined this forum after lurking on it for awhile and realized there are quite a few people very versed in electronics  here. Way beyond my level.

My music equipment voyage started in the early 70’s with the baddest radio shack speakers and zenith stereo,just a smokin!

Then jumped into SAE amp and equalizer.Nice stuff.

From there two different carver receivers and then ct23 and tfm35x, which I jam to now in my shop, to the likes of Robin Trower, Stevie Ray, jimmy lane,Melvin Taylor,etc.

Still crank the tunes at concert levels at 60 yrs young in my man cave and build hot rods!!

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 8

Welcome Skids!

my audio adventure started with 70s vintage radio shack as well, I had a sta-2100 receiver and two pairs of radio shack speakers, the original Mach ones and Optimus t-200’s and supertweeters !  One of my daughters has the receiver and still works, a nephew Who is a teenager is enjoying the Mach ones!  I rebuilt the crossovers for him!  

This is is a great site, lots of friendly help!  Enjoy your stay, kik off your shoes turn up the volume, grab your favorite beverage and have fun!

barryg

Welcome aboard @skids!

There's a great bunch of folks in here, kick back and crank it up with us awhile.  Love me some Stevie Ray too, crankin' his In Step on Tight Rope now!

Turbo

1 hour ago, skids said:

Still crank the tunes at concert levels at 60 yrs young in my man cave and build hot rods!!

I can already tell that you'll fit right in. Welcome aboard!

18 minutes ago, 69Chevelle said:

Welcome Skids.   What kind of hot rods are you building ??

In the shop now I have a 64 vette, and a 57 chev pickup.

• That Rocks 3
  • Love this! 1

13 hours ago, skids said:

In the shop now I have a 64 vette, and a 57 chev pickup.

Very cool.  Between my Chevelle and a 68 Chevy pickup and Harley there is always something going on in the garage.  Would love to see pics of your projects 

• Thank You 2

On 3/9/2019 at 9:32 AM, 69Chevelle said:

Very cool.  Between my Chevelle and a 68 Chevy pickup and Harley there is always something going on in the garage.  Would love to see pics of your projects 

Hera ya go. 67 Camaro I finished last year. Nice Calif car.

57 chev pickup. 4 link, coilovers, Rack and pinion, 355 full roller. Wifes truck

image.png.c3ae4e50906079aee352bb1cc82890e4.png 64 vette. 383, 500 HP,501 Tq, full roller, dart block, Holley HP MPFI,sequentially controlled.

• Love this! 3