Daddyjt

What was in your first system?

19 minutes ago, DrummerJuice said:

Yes! He's packaged it up and is having it shipped tomorrow! Now fingers crossed it doesn't arrive in pieces! Can't wait to set it up! I have a little Carver jar in my safe that I throw a few $$  in from gig proceeds whenever I play (the wife actually lets me keep 10% of the money I make LOL). Was saving up to buy a minidsp 4x10 but couldn't pass up the M-500t which I hear is one of the best sounding Carver amps!

Empty Jar but big smile! :D

This will be me soon!

Ferris Bueller.jpg

Audiophile-worthy stack and speakers? Check!

https://www.wired.com/2014/11/ferris-bueller-movie-gadgets/

Congratulations! You might have to recap it to make it sound it’s best, but hopefully you can enjoy its great sound.......grin

• Thank You 1

Stickers

1 hour ago, DrummerJuice said:

Yes! He's packaged it up and is having it shipped tomorrow! Now fingers crossed it doesn't arrive in pieces! Can't wait to set it up! I have a little Carver jar in my safe that I throw a few $$  in from gig proceeds whenever I play (the wife actually lets me keep 10% of the money I make LOL). Was saving up to buy a minidsp 4x10 but couldn't pass up the M-500t which I hear is one of the best sounding Carver amps!

Empty Jar but big smile! :D

This will be me soon!

Ferris Bueller.jpg

Audiophile-worthy stack and speakers? Check!

https://www.wired.com/2014/11/ferris-bueller-movie-gadgets/

Yes, nice!  Congrats! ~^

Posted (edited)

My first stereo was a hand me down solid state console from around 1970 that my grandparents had bought.  It made it's way into my bedroom when I was maybe 10 or 11.  I remember their best friends bought me a pair of Koss HV1A's for Christmas that year.  (I was a jammer already)  Next was a Zenith Allegro all in one unit that was quite fancy for its time.  I think my grandparents bought that one for me but can't recall.  Now the first stereo I bought for myself was a Technics SU-8055 integrated amp, Realistic Lab-420 turntable, and a pair of Sansui SU-57 speakers.  Nothing too crazy.  This was maybe 1980-ish?

Found a picture of the Zenith.  It was pretty cool for it's time.  Right at the end of the era of silver faced equipment.

image.png.9fd551d5e882cfaefad3269d4f829720.png

Edited by avguytx
  • Thank You 3
  • That Rocks 1

My first rig was B&O 6000 Turntable, 6000 Receiver and S-75 Speakers.

I saw the setup in a shop window and I knew I had to purchase the set.

I walked in and financed for 24 months. 

The Turntable was great, the Receiver and Speakers looked good, sounded good but not great.

Stock Pictures.

Brian

B&O 6000 Reciver.jpg

B&O 6000 Turntable.jpg

S-75 Speakers.jpg

• Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 1

On 3/16/2019 at 5:54 PM, DrummerJuice said:

too far to drive easily  butt not that far in the big picture of course   as discussed via pm (i missed this post before now somehow)

Montreal area would be a good 8+ hours each way from me aprox.

Sadly as discussed as well it was simply way beyond my finances..  and for the for seeable future as well

(even more s since we talked  need need rubber for our wheels very soon.. so there's another chunk!   Non-winter tires are beyond the wear bar an running winters in non-winter ish a baaaaddddd idea for many reasons)

• Thank You 2

My first system was based off of a  mid to late 70's Pacific Stereo House Brand Receiver: "Quadraflex" (unsure of model number although I sold it to a co-worker in late 80's = it caught his house on fire / we are still Friends), BIC Turntable (don't recall model number) with Micro Acustics 2002e Cartridge, Roger Sound Lab (RSL) Studio Monitors / Walnut (Still have them,  still Beautiful and Sound Great = using them as Rear Surrounds) &  TEAC A-4300SX Reel to Reel (also still have).

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

17 hours ago, Shalimar said:

too far to drive easily  butt not that far in the big picture of course   as discussed via pm (i missed this post before now somehow)

Montreal area would be a good 8+ hours each way from me aprox.

Sadly as discussed as well it was simply way beyond my finances..  and for the for seeable future as well

(even more s since we talked  need need rubber for our wheels very soon.. so there's another chunk!   Non-winter tires are beyond the wear bar an running winters in non-winter ish a baaaaddddd idea for many reasons)

That would have been a great deal, $380.00 cnd = $285.00 usd

I live in Ottawa Canada, only 2hrs away from Montreal. In the last 2 years I have purchased 3 different items

for members, and then shipped the item to them.

Next time you see an add like that, think of me.

Brian

• That Rocks 3