RodH

What's your daily driver?

5 minutes ago, Sk1Bum said:

A Mercedes would be very unique dropped, chopped, channelled, leaded, frenched, & slammed with suicide doors & fire belching exhausts. :D 

I'd take a picture of it!

1215637894_2012E350SideShot.thumb.jpg.27d699524a13266d4d9c1af5848ab243.jpg

You chop and channel one of these and I swear you'll be scrapin' your ass on the ground, it is way low already!!!!

• Haha 5

Ford ranger during the winter months...Genesis coupe 3.8, Kawasaki zx9r, Honda xr650l for spring, summer and fall months.?

• Thank You 2
  • That Rocks 1

2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek: Suits our needs (not wanting anything bigger–just we two plus cats) at the end of a dirt road, enough clearance to slosh through deep ruts and ascend cove roads where rock outcroppings are stepping stones along the way. In the past we both favored manual transmissions but CVT (with paddle shifters) is now our preference. Sachets infused with peppermint oil are strategically deployed throughout the cabin (under the hood in summer) to deter the ever-intelligent-wire-gnawing field mice. We live in Subieville.

_DSC5100.thumb.jpeg.3eb9975b4f3ddbf7ebc348740a0ebf63.jpeg

• That Rocks 6
  • Love this! 1

I was actually stunned at the sticker prices of trucks when I started looking in 2015. I had my faithful 2004 Lightning that was approaching 170,000 miles. I wanted a 4WD truck I could use for hunting and such but was not ready to part with $60,000+ for a truck.

A friend of mine works for the Ford dealer closest to my house (25 minutes or so) and I had put him on the lookout for a used SuperCrew. He called me one Friday and said I better hurry up and get down there because it wouldn't last long.

I drove down and took it home for the weekend. I knew on the drive home I was going to buy that truck. It had 18,000 miles on it, local guy traded for a SuperDuty.

2015 F150 Lariat Sport. 4WD, 5.0L Coyote V-8, keyless entry, pushbutton start, heavy duty towing package, FX4 Off Road package, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Automatic Park Assist, LED headlights, blind spot monitoring system, hill descent control, heated / cooled front seats and heated rear seats, electric power steering, 6 speed tranny, 3.73 gears, 20" aluminum wheels, tailgate step, Sony premium sound, auto high beams, auto wipers, collision avoidance, rear camera, Remote Access, power running boards, twin panel moon roof, 36 gallon fuel tank, power telescoping / folding tow mirrors. I added Firestone air bags for leveling when towing. It gets 20 MPG on the Interstate, 17 around town. Unbelievably comfortable and quiet, drives like a dream. GIGANTIC interior - 5 adults of any height can sit in any seat with comfort. One of the few vehicles to have a 5 star NHTSA crash rating for all sides. Aluminum body (no rust !!!).

All of that to say that the tech available in today's vehicles is astounding. My last purchase was in 2004 so things had changed quite a bit by the time I bought this one.

2015 SuperCrew.jpg

And when I want to have fun I ride my 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250 SA - ABS. 145 HP, 90 lb-ft of torque, 45 MPG if you are trying to get good MPG. Fuel injected, heated grips, Corbin seat, Givi luggage. Absolute blast to ride - ridiculous power on tap. It pulls like a freight train.

Bandit.jpg

On the Tail Of The Dragon with the luggage, giving her a test ride.

Dragon Bandit 4.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 5

Stickers

Got one of these 2016 Fit EX's last summer when I was driving 20 miles each way for work. I was going to get new but the 18's were all made in Mexico, the 16 was made in Japan. Just reached 20K miles. 42 MPG on the highway, 30 in heavy traffic. Very comfortable, decent stereo, quicker than you'd think, too. I've had enough V8 Hi-Po cars already, no need to have one any more.

image.png.5c86d2045d8aa7a0db3c6137a0e1f283.png

Edited by kve777
  • Thank You 4
  • That Rocks 2

Stickers

11 hours ago, Zoom said:

Power everything including sliders and hatch.

I love the power sliders and hatch (mine has it too). I won't even attempt to open them the manual way. lol

• Thank You 1

This is mine (Stock photo)….It has 55,000 miles. been in 3 accidents, knocked over 4 times in various parking lots, etc.....Runs fine but I'm in the market for a new one.. ~^

Kymco%20Xciting%20250ri.jpg

Edited by Charlie
  • Thank You 2
  • Love this! 1

Stickers

10 hours ago, DrummerJuice said:

I love the power sliders and hatch (mine has it too). I won't even attempt to open them the manual way. lol

I’ve had a few.  A ‘95 Grand Caravan ES

a ‘91 Voyager shorty. And my just retired winter beater an ‘89 Voyager shorty with a 2.5 turbo three speed (that one of course I had to bump the boost a little, got rid of the cat and had a manual boost controller. I had lots of fun with that old box, she flew).  And my wife’s ‘05 and ‘12.  I get her beat, retired ones to recondition. I think I’m gunna pass though because this ‘02 is one of the best.

Weird thing, my sliders you can shut with a pinky, and you can unlatch them from the motor drive gear by just operating the handle, If you want to change direction etc.  I think that’s another thing the bean counters got rid of, especially when Cerberus owned Chrysler for a minute.  I think that’s around the year you have.  But they are usually durable so if you have to operate them on auto so be it.  

Edited by Zoom
  • Thank You 2

10 minutes ago, Rod H said:

It does.

I keep managing to convince myself to leave it in mothballs.

Usually each April.

I used to have Yamaha Seca 550. Loved it but when we had kids, the wife said four wheels or none! lol Looked like this but with a lower fairing added.

img_BabWsKSUSC.jpg

Edited by DrummerJuice
  • That Rocks 1

I agreed to take it off the road, for an undetermined length of time.

It was paid for so there was no question of selling it.

Previous to the Yammy was one of these with an 1100 motor wedged into it and a fair bit of tuning.

1986_GSX-R750_redbk_800.jpg

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 2
  • Love this! 1

Stickers

39 minutes ago, Rod H said:

It does.

I keep managing to convince myself to leave it in mothballs.

Usually each April.

I figured it did.  You definitely have more willpower than I do.  Then again, the better half would likely present you with an edict if you took it out too soon (in years).  Good luck!

Just now, Rod H said:

Actually she's asked if I wanted to bring it out this summer. So it's on me.

Your biggest worry is that you are probably getting towards where the kids will start taking an interest in it if you dig it out.  :o

Depending on a lot of factors, that could be really good, or really bad.  **))

Damn I'm glad cats are into wanting their drivers licenses!  :--D

• Haha 1

I gravitate heavily toward trucks and 4x4 SUVs, so I was a bit dubious when we went from a 4x4 2015 Chevy Tahoe to a FWD 2011 Chevy Equinox. So far though, she's been impressive. Comfortable, decent on gas, easy to maneuver, and juuuust big enough to haul a set of AL IIIs hehe. Way easier to park, too. 

• Thank You 6

Stickers

3 hours ago, The Raven said:

and juuuust big enough to haul a set of AL IIIs hehe.

One has to have appropriate priorities! ?

• Thank You 1
  • Love this! 2

I used the Wife's BMW 550i GT to pick up the Carver Amazing Silvers I won on a Karma.  They fit perfectly in there too.

183420590_BMW550iGTC!.thumb.jpg.2636426662a54253a2a82568caf2ecff.jpg

It was about 1,400 miles round trip to Santa Fe from that spot right there and I completed it in 20 hours.  So I averaged 70MPH with an hour to hang out with John Smallwood who Karma'd them off.  What a day that was!

Turbo

• That Rocks 4

On 3/31/2019 at 5:35 PM, Rod H said:

I agreed to take it off the road, for an undetermined length of time.

It was paid for so there was no question of selling it.

Previous to the Yammy was one of these with an 1100 motor wedged into it and a fair bit of tuning.

1986_GSX-R750_redbk_800.jpg

I had one of these back in the day. Mine looked identical...86 gsxr1100. Had aftermarket smoothbores and a pipe. Back when I was young and a hooligan. Cops had a bet amongst themselves who would get my license first.  1 of about 35 street bikes I have owned.

• That Rocks 2

DD is a 2010 Corolla with manual tranny. 

Truck is a 2011 F250 4x4. Diesel, fully deleted, 5" intake and 5" downpipe back straight pipe. 

Trail rig is a 1995 4x4 Explorer with a manual. 

Everything has long been paid for. 

• Thank You 1