Spontaneous Music - Post What Moves You

AndrewJohn

• Community Admin

Debussy as a composer has always been emotional for me.   Clair de Lune was my daughter's college Piano recital piece. 

This artist, Roxane Elfasci, takes it to a whole new level - AND transposed to Guitar, expression, body movement, talent and so much added to this piece.

Enjoy on this Hump Day.

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

This excellent and funny AND truly talented rendition of AC/DC's Thunderstruck is from an annual percussion festival, in Spain.  

I love how they incorporated the heckler in the audience..., to pull this off.  Worth every minute of the 9 minutes.  Watch to the end - it's excellent - and who could think of this..., vibes, xylophone, timpani..., I'm amazed by the talent here.

• Thank You 1

From the very first time hearing the original Bowie, through live recorded versions, to singing along at his concerts, this song  always wells up tears.

We were in a courtroom yesterday to support a friend couple defending against a frivolous, rancorous lawsuit. For them It had been  a distressing course drawn out by a rescheduled hearing. We were certain they would prevail; nevertheless, our confidence was, understandably, of limited succor. Times can just be hard.

They did prevail. At the end of the day, leaving for home, my wife's parting note was "You guys are my heroes." At four a.m. this morning I awoke thinking of that leave-taking. And clambered out of bed with the cats to send them this. Enjoy.

Edited by dcl
Text edit
  • Love this! 2

• Community Admin

A little classical guitar, the original finger-style playing, and art-film style video to start the day... 

• Community Admin

OK, if you are into the BIGGEST most POWERFUL instrument in the world, commanded by two hands on one person..., you are into Organ music.

...and likely know who Cameron Carpenter is.  He is pushing the Organ out of the "church" and into new places.  Pretty wild what he can do.  He's won a Grammy, and is recorded on Telarc, Sony, and only high-end labels.  Lives in LA, NYC, and Berlin.

His interpretation of Bach Taccata and Fugue in D minor is unlike any other.  The CD will make my Amazing's ribbons beg for mercy, along with the woofers on their knees.  this is early, 2010.  I've heard later renditions..., less "Bach-esque" but equally interesting.

Or, a more recent (with his signature Mohawk haircut) of the same Bach piece.

The following 18 minutes is pretty cool to learn about - and relate to frequency and sound reproduction, the old-fashion way - with forced air, through pipes and reeds - all driven by fingers on the keyboard of a multi-manual organ at the Berlin Philharmonie Organ.  What a great way to get kids involved, and interested - in an instrument that is hard to get your hands on, due to its size. (second video below) 

My uncle, passed now, was senior organist and head choir master at St. Pauls in the twin cities, for 46 years.  An exceptional classical organist and advisor to organ makers and repair technicians (a rare breed).  I've always loved organ music, sat through the prelude and postlude in church as a kid, when everyone else was chatting or heading out for coffee or the parking lot.

Edited by AndrewJohn

• Community Admin

Six-String Soldiers, and a couple four-string Soldiers (Violin and Bass Acoustic Guitar) make for an interesting cover of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.  Good Ending "home."

Edited by AndrewJohn
misspelling..., fixed
  • Thank You 1

• 4 years later...

Time to resurrect this thread for some of the newer arrivals here!

My wife an I compiled a playlist titled “Taking The Ferrari Out” - as in “sometimes you gotta uncover that sports car, take it out of the garage and DRIVE it!
This was inspired by United Home Audio’s room at AXPONA 2017, where they hosted an “after show” gathering. It was something to experience, watching 15 or more heads were bobbing to Led Zep cracked up on a $300,000 MBL system. 

So, with that, we kicked off our playlist with this…