Hello From H-Town

Good morning/day everyone. I currently live about 30 minutes north of Houston Thank you for adding me to your site.

I’ve just recently moved into a house that affords me a room for me to put together my own listening room. I’m currently running a dbx DX5 CD player into an Anthem AVM -20 preamp which feeds a Carver M1.5t  which  keeps my Polk Audio SDA-1C.s fairly happy. Musical Concepts is updating/modding my Hafler P500 which I will swap out the Carver amp with. Then it’s off to Nellion Audio for the 1.5 to be upgraded, she really sounds tired. I hope to change preamps at some point in the future to a C-1/C-11. Plus I’m always on the look out for my next speaker upgrade.

I look forward to learning a lot from this site and hope you guys see me as a good member. Thanks for your time!

Michael1379708784634442666.jpg

• Thank You 5
  • That Rocks 3
  • Love this! 1

Hello Decible_Junkie, and welcome to thecarversite.com. We're glad you're hear. ;) There is a lot of information here, much technical know how, and a pretty good bunch of folks that are happy to help.

Please consider uploading some pics of your gear in the Members Systems area. We all like pics of all kinds of audio gear.

In the meantime, kick your shoes off, turn up the music, and welcome aboard.

giphy.gif.d2caeed42cb7cdf6011b96919c2e7170.gif

• Thank You 1

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group, Michael. Great system, and congrats on the new listening room!

If you are inclined towards a C1 or C11, consider @kve777's offer.  If you want it upgraded, and Kevin isn't inclined, you could probably have him send it directly to Greg, at Nelion, or one of the other great techs, here.

For now, enjoy the music!

4 hours ago, kve777 said:

Welcome! 

I have a couple of C-11's for sale right now. 

32 minutes ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

Welcome.jpg

Welcome to the group, Michael. Great system, and congrats on the new listening room!

If you are inclined towards a C1 or C11, consider @kve777's offer.  If you want it upgraded, and Kevin isn't inclined, you could probably have him send it directly to Greg, at Nelion, or one of the other great techs, here.

For now, enjoy the music!

By chance are either of them upgraded with BillD mods?

Welcome to the site, OCCD has a strong hold on you!  

Like Kevin I have a c-11 for sale, not listed it yet, it was BillD modified by Dennis Miller one of our outstanding techs!  It was also signed by Bob Carver at Carverfest!  I’ll be taking photos of it shortly, let me know if your interested!  I was going to keep it as backup to my tube preamp, I have other backup pieces so letting this one go!

look around, enjoy the site, lots of great info, and great friends here!

as always turn it up, kick your shoes off, grab your favorite beverage, and ENJOY the music 

BarryG 

20 hours ago, Decible_Junkie said:

By chance are either of them upgraded with BillD mods?

Not yet. One is signed by Bob Carver.

Edited by kve777

21 minutes ago, BarryG said:

Welcome to the site, OCCD has a strong hold on you!  

Like Kevin I have a c-11 for sale, not listed it yet, it was BillD modified by Dennis Miller one of our outstanding techs!  It was also signed by Bob Carver at Carverfest!  I’ll be taking photos of it shortly, let me know if your interested!  I was going to keep it as backup to my tube preamp, I have other backup pieces so letting this one go!

look around, enjoy the site, lots of great info, and great friends here!

as always turn it up, kick your shoes off, grab your favorite beverage, and ENJOY the music 

BarryG 

I would be interested. PM me some pics and your asking price when you have a chance. Although it being signed by Bob Carver his self might make me afraid to use it...lol. 

Thanks for the welcome!

Michael

I’ll be asking $550.00 plus shipping!  I’ll get photos tomorrow or next day!  I just got home from out of state!  I’ll  message you later!

barryG

• Community Admin

Welcome to TheCarverSite!  looking forward to pics of your system.

Where about do you live north of Houston?  I spent two years in Katy, working downtown H-town.  Love that city!