Sign in to follow this  
PhilDent

A "sort of" Karma/Exchange

Forum members,

I have a "sort of" Karma to offer.

I don't want to get into a long backstory, but I have an M500T cover signed by the BobFather himself.  For reasons that I won't go into, I don't want this cover, but I thought that someone here might value it.  This is a piece of Carver history (and a real score if your name is Charles).   Currently this cover resides at DaddyJt's place.  If anyone is interested in this signed cover, ship him your cover and he'll send you back the signed one.   This "sort of" Karma is first come first served. 

2132987365_signedcover1.png.a2a5f557e55976a4e5322239375b12c5.png2019831141_signedcover2.png.7965316a6df0bd131bb2af29ce9a299f.png

-PhilDent

• Thank You 3
  • Haha 1

Ha! I know this cover. I had it signed by Bob at CF 17, but I gave him the wrong name! That's why you see the 'halo' around 'Charles'. The other name was removed and Bob re-wrote it. I'm sure if you sent it to Bob, he'd do it again. It's a powder coated top, if I remember correctly. Heck, you could just remove the top line and it'd look fine. If no one else wants it, I'll trade. 

Edited by kve777

10 hours ago, Packratt said:

How did you remove sharpie

On "American Restoration" tv show's Rick Dale shared a trick …,  take your fingers and rub some of the skin oil from your forehead, then rub the sharpie.  It will come off, and leaves no evidence that it was there before, nor does it affect the underlying powder coat / paint.  Helps if you have oily skin.

No joke, this works!

Couldn't find a video, but there is a link on Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/123849058473449468/  

Stickers

On 7/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Packratt said:

How did you remove sharpie

It was corrected at CF2017 by @hewlew1 @shortcake @Radioeng2 using toothpaste. It can be fully removed using any regular toothpaste. 

Remove permanent marker stains with toothpaste is a variant on the same theme. 

On 7/17/2019 at 6:44 PM, kve777 said:

It's a powder coated top, if I remember correctly.

Indeed, it is. 

Edited by loner_t

Stickers

If Kevin doesn't want it I would take it. Zippo lighter fluid also removes marker quite well and easily. I have a clean top unsigned here that I was going to take to the fest this year. Although tooth paste does work it also has a slight abrasive to it.

Edited by fxbill

Sign in to follow this