Sk1Bum

Happy Birthday BrianT

Thanks guys & gals for your well wishes, even the ones I meet at Carverfest ? as my birthday fell on a Monday

a regular work day it was nothing special, did not even have time to meet up with my work partners.  

Now the Saturday night prior (20th) was a different story my wife took 4 or us out to dinner at Atelier Restaurant http://www.atelierrestaurant.ca/

where food is art, and art is food.

A none descript grey brick building with iron bars on the windows. The interior décor is very mediumistic a 2 story building with the ground floor all Black and the 2rd floor half Black and half White and not one picture or distraction on the wall. The food is the art.

They only serve one menu, and the place is always fully booked 2 months ahead.

The menu is a 12 course tasting menu, and every dish is so different in taste and presentation. (please look at the link) we all enjoyed the evening, we where there for just over 4hrs eating and drinking some very fine wines. It was very, very expensive

The food was worth the money the wines over priced. The cost for 4 off us with 13% tax and 20% tip was just under $1500.00 

Would I do it again. Yes for the food, but only have a glass or 2 of house wine.

• Love this! 1