Mark’s movie corner.

Daddyjt

I would like to recommend The Sound Of Freedom as a fantastic film that is well worth your time.

As the film has somehow become “political” (How opposition to child trafficking can become a political issue is beyond my comprehension), I will unfortunately have to refrain from any details or trailers - but I reiterate that it is well worth your time….

• Thank You 3

On 9/19/2022 at 9:59 AM, Daddyjt said:

If you are even remotely connected to current events, then you've no doubt heard the kerfuffle over The Terminal List on Amazon Prime.  Having watched it, I sincerely can't figure out what the progressive left's problem with this series is.  Rotten Tomatoes (which used to be a reliable source for ratings, but now is in-step with the woke Hollywood narrative) rating tells you exactly what you need to know - 39% from "critics" and 95% from the audience.  I'm guessing that they have "targeted" it because of Chris Pratt and the fact that they despise him for rejecting wokism?

Anyway, the series is spectacular!  Even though it could be classified as a "revenge thriller", it exhibits enough unique elements to make it fresh.  The story is compelling and fast paced (I burned through the first 3 episodes on my first sitting, and I rarely binge).  The characters are well thought-out and interesting.  If you've ever watched a Jason Bourne film and wished for a little (or a lot) more emotional buy-in with the characters, then this is for you.  The tactical acumen is spot on (the EFP weapon deployment was a thing of beauty) and the attention to detail is perfect.  Believability with regards to the realism of physical ability and the effects of physical damage are also very accurate - This is not a "Rambo" film, lol.  The story is fast paced, yet detailed and nuanced at the same time.  It has some very touching moments, and some very satisfying payoffs.

I cannot recomend this series highly enough.  Should you happen to watch it, please post your impressions, and also let me know if you can find what the progressives distain so much here...

@compwaco @Sk1Bum - pls remove this post for political content….

10 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

I would like to recommend The Sound Of Freedom as a fantastic film that is well worth your time.

As the film has somehow become “political” (How opposition to child trafficking can become a political issue is beyond my comprehension), I will unfortunately have to refrain from any details or trailers - but I reiterate that it is well worth your time….

I just returned from the theatre. 

This is a terrific movie!

The first thirty minutes are gut check for any parent. 

• Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

@compwaco @Sk1Bum - pls remove this post for political content….

Mark, I see nothing wrong with it, but if you want it hidden, I can make it happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for sharing your movie recommendation with us. It's always a pleasure to discover new films to watch. "Devotion" sounds intriguing. I'm a big fan of movie discussions, so if you ever come across any other films that leave an impression, please do share. It's through these recommendations that we often stumble upon hidden cinematic gems that might have otherwise gone unnoticed.
As for me, I'm looking forward to checking out some of the movies currently in theaters. There's something special about the big screen experience that streaming just can't replicate. If you have any suggestions or if you're planning to catch a particular film soon, let me know.

Edited by eldardy
  • Thank You 1

• 3 months later...

A US Army special forces unit is ambushed during a mission to retrieve an intelligence asset and their only remaining hope lies with a remote Air Force drone operator assisting them through a brutal 48-hour battle for survival.

image.thumb.jpeg.feb9fed42afb91eeeb7c22b2e0ccd1bd.jpeg