gentlejax

***Closed*** rebuilt modded CARVER Wanted . trade for my Yamaha ?

while I wait to see what hash says anyone else have a m500t modded or a m1.0t modded  they might want to    trade ?   

I have a Yamaha PC6501n which is a pro amp but it was their network capable amp.  has ethernet terminals on it.     its pretty stout and has meters .   650 x 2 @ 8ohms  930x2@4ohms .    < 0.1%    105 s/n   damping of 800 .  rated watts frequency of 20-20  not 1%  .... cost on this on ebay now is still $2500 I thnk or maybe online. 

would be a terror on some subs ....does 1900 bridged @8ohms

1 hour ago, Nahash5150 said:

@gentlejax I have 2x M1.0t mkII opt002's for sale!

If I didn't have to keep my lights on and eat, I'd trade.  :D

I have to keep the lights on too....I figure one of these Carver addicts is being greedy but actually could use a big power amp and trade me.  lol

I am also interested in a m1.5t  I think more than the m1.0t or the m500t.    it would be more suited to my polks .

Edited by gentlejax

On 8/16/2019 at 2:01 PM, gentlejax said:

I have a Yamaha PC6501n which is a pro amp but it was their network capable amp.

Have you considered eBay as an option?

• Thank You 2

Stickers

folks I dont need a trade for all your stock...I just need a recapped m1.5t or TFM45/55 .....1 amp for 1 amp......I figured this was the easiest way to  get a swap and not have to go into piggy bank and I know some of you folks have extra back up for the backups ...

I have pics and videos I can send direct to you.  apparently too big for here .

yamaha PC6501N guts.jpg

2 hours ago, loner_t said:

How does the Yamaha sound on your Polks?

the yamaha sounds fine on the polks .  plenty of bass if I need it. I havnt come close to the limits of it.  I think i would melt the voice coils first even though they are rated at 500rms.   the yammie does 650 but I havnt pushed it there.   sounds just like this carver tfm15 I am testing right now.   the yammie is not a class D its some other special class they have and it runs mostly A/B.  website explains EEE better than I can.     it sounds nothing like a crown drivecore.  

I just replaced a NAD c160 stereo preamp.  when I ran it  I wasnt needing my subs for lows.  the yammie was plenty full and sounded like vintage sansui.   now I am running a Krell multi processor and its clearer and more seperation..

honestly I am fine keeping it.  I Just always wanted more carver after I sold my  m1.0t ..... the carver meters are cool.  the yammie has meters too but different.

yam 1 shrunk.png

yam 5shrunk.jpg

yam shrunk2.jpg

Edited by gentlejax
  • Thank You 1