BluesMan57

" The Turbo Encabulator "

The thing that bothers me with this sort of crap is that, Simplicity is the burden of mankind. In future attempts to make such examples/statements, I would encourage the use of more sophisticated verbiage. Even though the path was clear, not once did the term 'flux capacitor' come into play. Mary Poppins had a better grasp of the english language....  supercadgelisticexpe'alodocious. hmm, spellcheck seems not to be working here.

• Haha 3

That guy is clearly out of the automotive industry and is now writing add copy for the various high end cable manufactures. I see the same gibberish in all of the expensive cable adds.

Baffle them with bullshit and the gullible will buy it.

BillWojo

• Haha 3

Turbo Encabulators are more prevalent than ever. Two bad ones this week already. Once Chrysler, one Ford. The Ford owner traded his in today. Bought a Honda. Can't blame him. The owner of the Chrysler is considering having a new one installed. Cheaper than rebuilding the bad one, better warranty, too. Either way we make a bundle. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Whew!!!  Thank goodness I just replaced my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator..... 

Marvin.the.Martian.png

Where's the kaboom?!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Brian_at_HHH said:

I just want to know how much practise he needed to get all the way through that with a straight face?

That was easy.  He's a "professional..."

The "Magnets" and "Cable" vendors at AXPONA do it with out flinching.

So..., I'm thinking that Kevin would be the perfect "star" of a docu-mock-ery of this on these two "fictional" Audio Products.

Magneto-flux-ulators

Cable-encapaci-ulators

Among the brain trust here, we could easily incorporate several hundred nonsense terms and acronyms, with technologies from a variety of imaginary chemicals and elements as well as patent-holder take-offs of existing snake-oil companies out there.

Now THAT would be a cool video to ignite a truth-telling story, and ultimately generate its own story/wiki.

(did anyone notice that the original "turboencabulator" mythical story is almost a century old? from the origins cited in the Wiki?

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

Stickers

@AndrewJohn, I love the idea, but I'd be worried that many out there in the HiFi world would believe it, and start asking Kevin to sell them one or the other.  :D

Then, again, Kevin might be able to make a small fortune, if he could keep from throwing up long enough...

The mag&cal guys believe in their snake oil!  

And yes, I found the actual origins to be fascinating!  I didn't realize that the origins reached quite that far back.  Dangerous to let engineering or tech people to have enough time to let our imaginations run loose.  :)

• Thank You 1

That Wiki read was pretty funny. I lone the fact that GE included a version of it in the GE handbook. Can you imagine an engineer looking for some specs and opening up to that page.

Thanks for the laughs.

BillWojo

• Thank You 2