00cbirdw

Find a good home for my gear

Hey all, I know it's been FOREVER since I've been on the site........I guess that's what having a 3 year old and 1 year old twins will do to you (ALL boys no less)!!!!  Anyways, with all 3 kids being in daycare (daycare cost is DOUBLE my damn mortgage) and a slew of other life 'obstacles' that have come up, I'm drumming up all my possibilities to keep my family above water ?.  So I'm resorting to selling off all of my Carver gear and Sunfire subs.  I haven't been remotely in-touch with anything audio (let alone Carver) related in years so I'm not quite sure what fair prices would be for everything:

*  TFM-45 (refurb by Greg/Nahash5150) - has the blue LED mod and painted needles.

*  TFM-45 (refurb by James/Retriever) - has a slight turn off thump/power spike which just needs to be fixed with the resistors per repair TFM-45-6 in the repair manual.  I have the resistors and they would be included.  This one also has the blue LED mod and painted needles.

*  2 - A500x's (1 has been gone thru by Gene C's audio repair guy in Phoenix AZ, the other is still stock) - both have a blue LED mod and painted needles.

*  Sunfire Solitaire 12" subwoofer (has the signal sensing issue where it will auto shutoff if a strong signal isn't present)

*  Sunfire TrueSub Super Jr. *SOLD*

*  Sunfire True Subwoofer EQ 10 Solitaire *SOLD*

So like I said, I have no idea what fair prices for this gear would be, but I'm open to offers/advice for pricing.  Just figured I'd give everyone here a crack at things before I try other channels for selling them.  I can get more pics/info if anyone would like them.

Cheers ?

Casey

20150117_133253.jpg

CAM00363.jpg

20141030213404212.jpg

20140902_072720.jpg

20140617_182838.jpg

5 hours ago, gentlejax said:

what is left now?

Everything except the true sub super jr & the true sub EQ

2 minutes ago, kimoxxx said:

a500-x? still available??

Yep, all the gear is still available minus the subs.

what are you asking for the a500x?

it may be easier to communicate by email, i didnt get a notification you replied to my question email4kimo@gmail.com... i hope its ok to give that

i just got 2 Klipsch RF7 floor speakers and a RC-64 ii center, both require a min of 250w to 1000w so those 500's would be perfect

43 minutes ago, kimoxxx said:

i just got 2 Klipsch RF7 floor speakers and a RC-64 ii center, both require a min of 250w to 1000w so those 500's would be perfect

Lol - I run Klipsch RF7 in my HT, and they don’t require anywhere NEAR 250w! 100 quality watts, and they’d drive you from the room if you laid into it!

That said, more power always = more headroom, and that’s always a good thing...!

• That Rocks 4

13 hours ago, Daddyjt said:

Lol - I run Klipsch RF7 in my HT, and they don’t require anywhere NEAR 250w! 100 quality watts, and they’d drive you from the room if you laid into it!

That said, more power always = more headroom, and that’s always a good thing...!

Yeah, with a sensitivity of 101db, they shouldn't require a ton of power. I would think you could run them beautifully with a hundred Watts or less. 

I'm interested in one of the TFM-45s. I'm ok with the unit that needs the thump fix.  I'm also not sure of what a reasonable price would be for the unit.  Based on the feedback you've received so far, do you have a target price established?

13 minutes ago, Charles May said:

Do u still have a recaped 45 to sell

Both 45's are currently pending sale.  Still have both A500x's and the 12" True Sub Signature.

UPDATE:

TFM-45 refurb'd by James SOLD!!!

Both A500x's still pending sale.

Only thing left for sale is the 12" True Sub Signature.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and support trying to get these things sold and claw my way out of debt!!!  (;)  It really will help make this a good Christmas for my family 😊

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1