New music you’d like to share.

Daddyjt

Ordinary Man is the twelfth studio album by English heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne. It was released on 21 February 2020 through Epic Records and was produced by Andrew Watt. This is the longest gap between two albums from Osbourne to date, spanning with almost ten years since Scream.

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

An engaging musical voyage around the Mediterranean and beyond. Meier performs with his usual skill and flair and everybody in the band plays well, with each musician a distinctive presence.  You can read the rest of the review here...

Nicolas Meier – nylon fretted & fretless six string guitars, acoustic twelve string guitar, glissentar
Kevin Glasgow – six string electric bass
Richard Jones – violin
Demi Garcia - percussion

• Thank You 1

Platimo is a contemporary, cinematic jazz quartet formed by Norwegian nylon-guitarist Benjamin Hidas and British pianist Felix Bertulis-Webb. The self-titled album was released late last month (November 2019)

Band musicians on the recording:
Benjamin Hidas (Nylon Guitar / Handpan)
Felix Bertulis-Webb (Piano & Synths)
Alasdair Pennington (Drums)
Frazer Kerslake (Double bass)
The track Hope Valley features the Norwegian singer Renate Ørnes Eide.

You can read the rest of the review here...

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, Sk1Bum said:

Apocalypse & Chill is the sixth studio album by the Dutch symphonic metal band Delain. It was released on February 7, 2020 via Napalm Records

Not often you see someone wielding an 8-string guitar!  I've seen surfboards narrower than that fretboad!  

• Thank You 1

The Jesper Thilo Quartet released Swing Is The Thing on Feb 7, 2020.

Jesper Thilo's been one of the strongest tenorists on the Danish scene for many years running – and he's still a hell of a talent here, blowing with the kind of old school imagination of Dexter Gordon or Johnny Griffin on their classic Copenhagen recordings! Yet Thilo's very much his own man – as anyone who's ever loved his records will tell you – and his tenor voice is captured beautifully here, stretching out on a host of mostly older standards – with well-placed accompaniment from a trio that features Soren Kristiansen on piano, Daniel Franck on bass, and Frandcs Rifbjerg on drums – players who never overwhelm Jesper's strong lead, but definitely give him the right sort of groove. Titles include "I Can't Get Started", "Just Friends", "Splanky", "Nature Boy", "Swinging Till The Girls Come Home", and "Woody N You".  © 1996-2020, Dusty Groove, Inc.

• Thank You 2

Five-time Grammy winner Robert Cray is set to release his newest album, That’s What I Heard, out February 28, 2020 via Nozzle Records, produced by Steve Jordan (Sheryl Crow, Josh Groban, Keith Richards, Boz Scaggs). The album features a mix of blues, soul, R&B, and Gospel, with guests Steve Perry and Ray Parker Jr.

Robert Cray says about the album, “Funky, cool and bad.”

• Thank You 3

Intronaut Fluid Existential Inversions was released today, February 28, 2020.

As progenitors of some of the most inventive, uninhibited, dynamic music ever recorded, LA's Intronaut are a force to be reckoned with. These traits are expanded ever further on sixth full-length Fluid Existential Inversions, which features the most dramatic and epic sounds of their career. "We pushed ourselves to be bigger and better, musically speaking, and to me that's the essence of progressive music," states guitarist/vocalist Sacha Dunable. "I love bands like Motörhead and AC/DC that give you the same thing over and over, but Intronaut is all about trying to break whatever mold exists - especially for ourselves - and give you something you haven't heard before. On this album, there are drums played in ways I've never heard before. There are synths used in contexts I've never heard before. Intronaut has the most unique bass player in all of heavy metal as far as I'm concerned, and I even practiced guitar to get myself out of my comfort zone. So I think we progressed and made the best album ever. I don't even care if no one else hears it, if it was all for me I'd be satisfied."

• Thank You 2

Weather is the tenth studio album by American rock band Huey Lewis and the News, released on February 14, 2020

“Weather” is the first album of original songs from Huey Lewis and The News in nearly two decades and it may also be their last.

Lewis has been suffering for decades from an inner-ear disorder that causes afflictions like hearing loss and vertigo, but the condition got much worse just days after the band finished mixing the songs on “Weather” with legendary studio wizard Bob Clearmountain.

You can read the rest of the article here...

• Thank You 2

Coming out of Great Britain, of all places, comes The Lucky 13s. Here's a flavor closer to Motown than Liverpool. Their debut album is forthcoming but this single is available now a www.thelucky13s.com 

Edited by weitrhino
  • Thank You 3

Pat Metheny, From This Place was released on February, 21, 2020.

"A breathtakingly immersive experience that affirms Metheny as a consummate musical storyteller," exclaims Mojo in a four-star review. "A transcendent album, possibly the maestro’s most impressive opus yet." "Impressively conceived and impeccably executed," says Jazzwise in its four-star review, "From This Place is Metheny's finest album to date." Stereogum says: "This is extraordinary music." The Arts Desk also gives the album four stars, calling it "a complex, meticulously produced and many-layered album which demands concentrated and repeated listening," as does Record Collector, which says: "A momentous project. At the heart of the music is Metheny’s quartet, a deft, cohesive, super-intuitive group."

• Thank You 3

The Funky Knuckles - Delicious was released on November 1, 2019.

The Dallas-based sextet Funky Knuckles belong to a new generation of improvising musicians, part of a large movement that includes such bands as Snarky Puppy, Ghost-Note, and the Horne Electric Band, to name just a few. Their sound is a blend of composition and improvisation and, importantly, the sound is much more far-ranging than just pure bass-keyboard driven funk. In fact, some of the sound belies the band name, as it’s ethereal and loose. Light and tight prevails over dark and thick. Delicious is the band’s fourth album from a group comprised of trumpeter Evan Weiss, saxophonist Ben Bohorquez, guitarist Phill Aelony, keyboardist Kwinton Gray, bassist and group spokesman Wes Stephenson, and drummer Cedric Moore.

• Thank You 3

Four80East, Straight Round was released February 28, 2020

The Toronto-based electro-jazz duo Rob DeBoer and Tony Grace have bundled their creative activities in the formation Four80East. They started with The Album in 1997, followed by Nocturnal (2001), Round Three (2002), En Route (2007), Roll On (2009), Off Duty (2012), Biblotheca (2013), and Positraction (2015). In 2014 they released the album Four80East LIVE and in 2016 a limited vinyl collection Cherry Picked. Their  EP Four On The Floor (2018) is a musical business card inspired by their early days as House producers.

Now they return with Straight Round (2020), the ninth album from groove duo, Four80East. With an eclectic mix of neo-jazz, Straight Round serves up a infectious mix of soul, funk and jazz groovers to follow-up their 2019 Billboard #1 single, Cinco Cinco Seis , from their EP release, Four On The Floor.

• Thank You 2
  • Love this! 2

Sergio Mendes, In The Key of Joy was released on February 28, 2020.

As a composer, producer, keyboardist and vocalist, Sergio Mendes helped pioneer the bossa nova movement and popularize Brazilian music globally with his band, Brasil 66. In his over 60-year career, Mendes has been one of the most explorative collaborators in world music, working with everyone from the Black Eyed Peas to jazz great Cannonball Adderley. His new album, In The Key Of Joy, is out now.

You can read the rest of the review and an interview with the artist  here...

The Outlaws Dixie Highway was released on February 28, 2020.

The Dixie Highway originally connected Chicago to Miami – the first vital thoroughfare between the Midwest and the South – before eventually being replaced in the late 1920s by the U.S. Highway system. And while fragments of the original road still exist in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Ohio, it remains a route that carries echoes of its past as well as being an enduring symbol of American discovery, fortitude and pride. And on their new album “Dixie Highway”, Southern Rock icons the Outlaws take fans on what is literally and figuratively the ride of a lifetime.

• That Rocks 2