New music you’d like to share.

Daddyjt

Jorge Garcia, Crossover was released on March 24, 2020. This album has Jimi Hendrix, Emerson, Lake, & Palmer, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Moody Blues, and Jethro Tull covers. 

In 2020, Cuban-born guitarist Jorge Garcia splits his time between South Carolina (where he resides) and Florida (where he has an established performing career). He says that the inspiration for this album occurred while he was growing up in Cuba and listening to Classic Rock on Miami radio stations, drawn to the sound of the guitar. The idea of making jazz arrangements of Classic Rock songs came from his later teaching experience, a way of bridging rock tunes with the jazz idiom.

You can read the rest of the review here...

• Thank You 3

2 hours ago, dennismiller55 said:

@dcl Great to see your input on this topic again David.  Welcome back.....

@dcl I'd like to second that. Welcome back David. You've been missed!

• That Rocks 1

Eric Clayton and the Nine was released on April 24, 2020

Following his triumphant return as a performer in 2018 with Eric Clayton And The Nine, the voice and creative mind of Saviour Machine reports back with a personal and gripping new album. `A Thousand Scars’ contains 15 brand new songs running over 79 minutes, all crafted around biographical personal lyrics. It’s an intense and personal frail statement depicting the vocalist’s journey, struggles and battles since he was diagnosed with a progressive form of Barrett’s Esophagus, making him vanish out of the spotlights for over a decade. His descend into paranoia and his rebirth, musically and personally, are captured on this new album.

You can read the rest of the review here...

1 minute ago, Receiver2000 said:

Sk1bum - thank you.

I checked out the Clapton link and listened to a few songs. It wasn't what I expected and was a very interesting sound. I appreciate it!!!

LOL--I fubar'd it. That's actually Eric Clayton, not Clapton. It's been fixed.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, dcl said:

On 5/11/2020 at 5:26 PM,  dennismiller55 said: 

@dcl Great to see your input on this topic again David.  Welcome back.....

@dcl I'd like to second that. Welcome back David. You've been missed!

71C4q3edMFL._SX425_.jpg.d8d4ab7542b41cb164d9f52ce6690621.jpg61O8bRvXM7L._SX522_.jpg.81df2ef53692ae2438591d1537c7bf05.jpg

Gentlemen, it's been quiet here at the house for a while. However, upon the arrival of new music, the John McLaughlin  recording, I thought it would seamlessly flow like a tranquil tributary into the stream of quiet. Described elsewhere as  "it's at once spiritual, soulful, and free of earthly constraints...lyrics offer a fountain of emotionally free yet disciplined praise, affirmation, and petition; the ghostly guitars and rumbling tablas erect a lush harmonic floor that moves the tune in the direction of jazz, though it never fully arrives...a complex, slowly unfurling groove. It's alternately moody, earthy, and painfully tender." , it awakened the audio system. Very nice, melismatic unction for times of trouble. My wife commented afterwards, "It reminds me of Baaba Maal", not the most encouraging of spontaneous reviews–she has unflattering memories of a Senegalese singer Baaba Maal  concert I thought we should take in. 🙉 My unction dried & flaked off.

This Hans Zimmer concert aims to reinstate music "we" can "turn it up" appreciate.😉 

Edited by dcl
Spell check
  • Thank You 2